Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny launching help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default tranny launching help

alrighty, the question from me is people with the 4L60E tranny how are yall launching, are yall reving the motor to a certian RPM holding the brakes and applieing gas?

and for the Turbo-Hydrolic guys, are yall using a transbrake with a rev limiter, like a 2 stage limiter. how do you have those hooked up. I know with the old cars with carb's you put the trans brake on and floor'd it with the RPM first stage set, usually at 3k RPM's and the minute you let go of the transbrake and took off the second stage would kick in and would allow you to rev all the way to the second stage, usually the motor's redline. but how do yall have it hooked up with the ls1's EFI?

thanks for everyones help, i've read so many different post threw the search button and have been reading different things, or not really understanding what i was reading. again thanks for everyones help.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda depends on your converter and suspension set up. My best 60's come when I foot brake the car to 3,200rpm or so. Some people get better 60's when they just flash it out of the hole. One of those things that you have to play around with yourself.