Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NE1 using BMR TA Relocation with TH350 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NE1 using BMR TA Relocation with TH350 ?

And stock Torque Arm?
My setup is a Rossler TH350, stock torque arm and the BMR reloction x member with TA mount. Issue is, I have this rythmic vibration at higher rpm, worse now that I asjusted the TA up one setting. I had the TA on the second to bottom hole, but after pulling the trans today, I tried upping one. It seems that the relo x member is not so well equipped for a stock TA, but it would be better with a stock like adjustable one.
Since I have to do some messing around tomorrow, I am going to try and put it back on the second to bottom see if the throbbing type vibration (sounds like a **** scene) is reduced.

TIA

Charlie
Old 12-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Restricted User

Anyone? Bueller, Buelller....
Attached Thumbnails NE1 using BMR TA Relocation with TH350 ?-bmr-ta-relocation-mount.jpg  
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned

subscribing...

i need to start odering parts for my TH350 swap...
Old 12-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Restricted User

wicked, let me know if you need some info, I've gained a lot just going through this first hand. Charlie cat3n4@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Banned

will do. getting tranny built now.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Restricted User

Well, Wed I will have a chance to get the car on a rack, check pinion angle. Which from my untrained I has to be not good. The trans is either level or slightly down, the pinion is nose up without a doubt.
Next thing I wonder, is since I am using the stock driveshaft, which is about 1-1.5" short, if that isn't bothering the driveline to make the vibration as well? Figure the DS being an inch or so longer would give a different relationship for trans to pinion angle.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 AM
laz
Teching In

It looks like you need a longer driveshaft you need about 3/4 of an inch gap when its bolted on the rear .I have had that before and it was the driveshaft or the yoke not being enguaged enough look at the seal marks from where it was before might give you a clue if its too short . I will tell you this every car i have had i put an aluminum driveshaft and there smooth as silk and has less vibration than the steel one it replaced .
Old 12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by laz
It looks like you need a longer driveshaft you need about 3/4 of an inch gap when its bolted on the rear .I have had that before and it was the driveshaft or the yoke not being enguaged enough look at the seal marks from where it was before might give you a clue if its too short . I will tell you this every car i have had i put an aluminum driveshaft and there smooth as silk and has less vibration than the steel one it replaced .
Oh the DS is definately shorter when used with the TH350, first thing I noticed was the seal wear mark and how it is not engaged as much. I'm just not totally positive this will have the same effect. Now I'll have to check into this as well.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think BMR said 2nd hole from the top is equal to the stock setting. I think your driveshaft is too short as well. When you get an adjustable torque arm, you will have a bad *** setup. The BMR crossmember lets you adjust instant center by moving the torque arm mount up/down...like having a more expensive torque arm
Old 12-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Restricted User

Well, only bad thing about that is I have an Adj TA I planned on putting on tomorrow, but its a Spohn model with its own crossbar. So, once again at a decision point.
I bought the BMR Xmember with the TA so I could mount the tailshaft easier than the modified stock one, and of course temporarily mount the TA. Maybe I will see about getting the DS length fixed, then try a stock style adj TA. Ugh. Here comes Santa!