Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did fan switch... broke temp guage...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 11:11 AM
tc3
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default did fan switch... broke temp guage...

did the fan switch from here. did it got the SES light then used the 47 ohm resistors and now no ses.

but even before the resistors the temp guage would work the first 10 second of start up then it would goto the bottom...

and no im not leaving the switch on... and why would one effect the other, or is their a chance it broke and cause of the switch is the first time i noticed it? but either way what could be causing this?

EDIT: is their any problem with using a ground from cig lighter and not a chassis ground?

thanks.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:51 PM
tc3
On The Tree

could this be a sign of coolant temp sensor going bad?

the car is running at normal temp...

EDIT: when i first finished the switch and hooked up battery and drove it, when i put in clutch the idle would drop to 4-500 and after a few secs raise to 750-800. and after a few drives it has returned to normal so i figured that was just the computer relearning....?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

temp gauge doesn't work anyway.

get an aeroforce interceptor scan gauge and you'll get the real temp and be able to clear the ses light and such.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 AM
tc3
On The Tree

well i dont exactly have that kind of money to be spending on this... and regardless of the guage being retarded i would still like it to work properly.

i have noticed that it will work for around 1 second for every cycle it goes in...

if i turn the car on it will work for a second then bottom out. then i have to turn car off and open door to get it to work for another second with key on...

so i wouldnt think it would be wiring or sensor because of this... ?

any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

well thats the thing..the gauge doesn't work properly stock..mine sits at the same spot from 175-225....I was just suggesting the scan gauge cause its 200 and very easy to install. if you don't want to do that..undo all the wiring and see if that works.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 AM
tc3
On The Tree

well this is weird... i unplugged the coolant temp sensor and plugged it back in and now its working fine... strange cause i havnt touched that before but o well...

i dont have money for that kind of thing right now... im saving up for spark plugs...

that gauge does look nice but when i get money like that im building a carpc with scanning software...

Thanks for your help.