Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sts exhaust

so like I was looking @ the sts set up and all. I like the way 2 exhaust pipes coming out my rear end looks. I notice on the sts that the turbo and the air filter replaces the left exhaust pipe and tip. IS there anyways around this so I could have muy car looking the same way it does now?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have seen it with duals but i think the other side was justa dummy pipe. personally i would just dump jmho
Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
so like I was looking @ the sts set up and all. I like the way 2 exhaust pipes coming out my rear end looks. I notice on the sts that the turbo and the air filter replaces the left exhaust pipe and tip. IS there anyways around this so I could have muy car looking the same way it does now?
Sure get a front mount system....

Do a DIY truck mani system have more power and alot of other pluses over a rear mount and keep your loud mouth... After making it a true dual loud mouth...

However with a turbine wheel... on each side up front it will be a not so loud mouth...
Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

I am kinda nbew @ this so I dont know what jmho means, but thats what I wanted to know, like i dont care abouth aving a functional exhaust there, its more of a cosmetric issue with me. So the dummy thing would be cool.

Whats the diy truck mani thing? I was looking at some front mount turbo systems, but like they are either much more expensive, or as far power gains and all, it looked like sts was gaining more than some of the others. My car is a daily driver right now, it may not be in the future but I basically want the setup to always be where I could drive it anytime and a lot if needed. I also dont wanna drop a bajillion dollars into a system but I want a reliable turbo system on my car.

Other than sts whats a good turbo system that is reliable but not like expensive as ****????
Old 12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The STS kit is great for a daily driver. And yes, you can have the dual outlets done. I would suggest doing a lot of searching on this forum, and seeing some of the issues that some people had, and how to avoid them. I've never had any major issues with my kit.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Single front mount truck manis..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ruck+manifolds

Many setups chiming in.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ruck+manifolds
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32

Check this STS Camaro SS out. We dumped the exhaust as our customer did not want his exhaust to have one single tip. It looks great this way, by the way! Bob