Sponsored by:

High rpm idle in/out of gear, little respose

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High rpm idle in/out of gear, little respose

Hello,

I am running a 2002 PCM that was modified for another car. I have copied the stock injector tables from a stock 99 A4 tune as well as all tables under favorites that were applicable. My car is a stock 2000, so the injectors should be the same, correct? If so, the injectors should be covered.

The problems I'm having are when in gear or out of gear the car slowly starts revving up. IE. I put it in reverse, hold the break get ready to back up it will slowly idle up from 700 to 1100. Also, the car has poor response. It feels like a car with large stall, except it does not have one.. yet..

Is there a table I missed? I do have a copy of a log file of the car running so you can see all sensor readings. I can send in the next 3-4 hours when I get back to my laptop. What else should I look at copying? I'm thinking maybe the car this PCM came out of had a stall, and it was tuned for it.. so this might be something to take into consideration, as the PCM was not stock. However, as stated, I am unsure exactly which tables might be applicable to copy and paste.. and some seem to have more fields on this 2002 pcm than the 99 stock tune.

I will be getting the car tuned by Wait4me when the mods are completed on the car, but for now I'd just like to solve these problems so I can continue daily transportation as usual.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your idle airflow is off, have you logged the idle trims yet to see where they stand?

Chris