Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

A-pillar removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A-pillar removal

Are there any tricks to removing the A-pillar on a hard top car? Is there some special trim removal tool that's needed?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:15 AM
12 Second Club

there's not tricks really from what I remember, but mine's a t-top. I took the screws out up by they t-top and worked it free, patiently. In your case, I'm just going to guess that it's held up by sliding under the headliner a little? The rest of it is held by three or four of those plastic screw looking things that just pop in and out of place. It's been a while since I've done it, but that's as much as I remember. Hope it helped.

Last edited by edwardswb; 12-23-2005 at 03:19 AM. Reason: mis-read
Old 12-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edwardswb
there's not tricks really from what I remember. Take the screws out up by they t-top and work it free, patiently. It is held in place by those plastic screw looking things that just pop in and out of place. It's been a while since I've done it, but that's as much as I remember. Hope it helped.
I appreciate the quick response and I wish it was that simple but I have a hard-top, not a T-top and it's a different animal...........it goes from dashboard to sail-panel, all 1 piece.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

no, no tricks. on the actual pillar part it stays connected with fasteners....and you just pull on it to get it undone. the part up top just slides off the headliner area.

its really, really simple.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

I just recently removed mine ( 2000 WS6 ). As others have mentioned, the A pillar is held on with two screws (towards the top of the T top). Pull those then gently pull towards away. I only had 1 clip in the middle. The bottom is simply held there fixed between the window and dash.

I still have mine off if you want some pics of what to expect, I can send them to you.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Junkie

ok, not to be a dick. but in the first post he says its a hardtop, and then to the first persons reply, he said it was a hardtop again....

thus making the removal procedure different since there are no screws to take off by the ttop (since he doesnt have any).
Old 12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

My bad ( I'm blind in my old age )...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cputech
My bad ( I'm blind in my old age )...
Ya don't need to be tellin' me about age related sight issues, I can't wait till next week (06') when my vision insurance again covers an exam and NEW LENSES!!!

No biggee, I really appreciate anyones input and understand the misunderstandings that may occur!
Old 12-26-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just has some sliding clippys like i think 3 that run over the roof line that slide away from you, like you grabing the modling and pushing/wigglin it away from you and with alittle downward motion. the others on the pillar, like everyone has said already is some phillip's. it's real easy no biggie, just dont snap the plastic clips or else it'll hang when you go to install....and you'll hae to use double sided tape lol my mistakes are someone elses leasons, owell. but i got a 2000 Z28 HardTop....so i know wha you got.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Thanks Syco!

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
just has some sliding clippys like i think 3 that run over the roof line that slide away from you, like you grabing the modling and pushing/wigglin it away from you and with alittle downward motion. the others on the pillar, like everyone has said already is some phillip's. it's real easy no biggie, just dont snap the plastic clips or else it'll hang when you go to install....and you'll hae to use double sided tape lol my mistakes are someone elses leasons, owell. but i got a 2000 Z28 HardTop....so i know wha you got.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

no prob

Quick Reply: A-pillar removal