Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

building a 350 for a boat, what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a 350 for a boat, what should i do?

i just purchased a boat with a 305/350 (not sure which and dont care either) in it. i got it for cheap because it has a cracked block.

now im gonna just get a 350 bolt main and drop it in. im tryin to stay somewhat cheap here but want it done right.

i plan on purchasing a set of marine gaskets, including head gaskets, and putting them on the motor along with all the marine accessories.

i wsa thinking about sticking a cam in there for more low end power. i seen a variety of cams on summit in the $80 range. im thinking maybe a nice truck/towing cam?

im not looking to make this a speed boat, its a cruiser. 23 ft with a decent sized cuddy.

efi conversion.
ive been thinking about converting it to TBI. ive been reading up on the megasquirt setup and it seems reasonably affordable and pretty simple to wire up vs taking a computer and wiring harness from a junkyard chevy truck and trying to retrofit that. im wondering if it would be worth it? would it be any better on gas?

if anyones got any input/criticism/suggestions i appreciate it

thanks,
Russell
Old 01-02-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a look at comp cams 12-210-2

Quick Reply: building a 350 for a boat, what should i do?