Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Question about possible repaint.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about possible repaint.

Hey guys. I am looking around for a place to paint my new WS9 outlaw hood. While I was at it I was going to have them fix a few scratches and chips around the car. It isn't bad but the car is 6 yrs old and you can kinda tell up close. My question is. Can they just fix the couple spots/ chips and repaint the whole car?
Or fix each individually? I am probably simplifying this a TON but I have no clue how paint and body work goes. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Bob s.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem. I have some sratches and chips on the front bumper and hood. My good friend works at a body shop, I told him if they could just fix the scratches/chip and he said that they could but it wouldn't look right because they paint wouldn't match, my cars paint still looks good but not immaculate. The new paint would be too shinny. He said that they could paint the fender/hood/ and blend the frenders torwards the door. It would then look better. I decided to just wait until I can afford a whole paint job, that would be the best option in my case. Unless your paint is in perfect condition it would be kinda hard to make the touch-up match with the original paint, but it's possible. Hopes this helps!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We I put my WS6 hood on. I painted it the front cover, headlight covers and bird cover, then blended with the fenders. Depending on the color, you might have to blend with the doors.