Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dented Header = Vibration???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dented Header = Vibration???

I was wondering the other day i was driving back from picking up some products to clean my car. On the way i was speeding just alittle bit, and the rode i was on had a small climb to it. Nothing huge but like they didn't know how to pave the ******* street flat and one section had a small lump going across it. Well anyways my car went over it at a good amount of speed, that when my car landed (assuming it came off the ground) my Low Trac light came on which is nothing major cause i figured the rear tires spun and when they caught pavement the TCS stopped them from spinning. Well back to it, my car hit pretty card and if you look at my sig, my headers and exhaust don't sit high up. When i got home i looked under my car everything seemed fine, except for maybe that one of the runners on my SLP header (passenger side) had a pretty good dent in it. I also noticed when i drive that when i reach 2K rpm my car has a small vibration. My question is, am i just being paranoid in thinking my car has something fucked up or could i have really messed **** up? It still rides like it always has and still hauls *** without a problem.
-Joel
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

maybe .on my lowered s10 the piping just before the Y pipe is crunched to all hell. it does vibrate at high rpm and it also gets terrible gas mileage.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

I figured that could be the source of the vibration. Because everything else looks fine from what i can tell and its no small dent but its not huge either, and the vibration isn't horrible. My friends can't tell a difference me on the other hand everytime i hear a squeak in my car i flip out looking for it thining somethings wrong.
-Joel