Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Cam?

Wondering which cam do oyu think would be a good choice for a cam only car with nitrous. Not daily driven.... So traffic driving isn't an issue....

I was thinking the G5x4, which I belive is suppose to work ok with nitrous. Makes good cam only power. And seems to work well with heads....

The T-rex, which seems to be making the most power for a cam only ls1. Thing is, I don't think it will work well with my nitrous. Also don't think it works well with heads...

There's also Joe Overton's T-Rex Killer. Not sure if it works well with nitrous. Believe someone with the same cam and heads made over 500HP on the dyno. He's also known for making a pretty good cam....(Fastest all motor LT1, and fastest cam only LT1...)

Not a big fan of the magic stick....

What do you think for a car that will pretty much be raced....
Old 01-13-2006, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

no cam guys on here huh??
Old 01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Depending on how high you'll want to spin your motor, I'd be weary about running a big cam with a lot of RPM AND N20.

I think by scaling it back a bit on the cam duration and using you power adder to make the most of a smaller cam would net you the best results.

The TSP 231/237 or 233/239 cams LOVE spray and wouldn't have to rev to the moon to make good power.

Keeping it on a tighter lobe separation would bring the power band on sooner too.

Try the LS1-LS6 Internal Forum.

Good luck.