LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Carbed 383

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbed 383

I almost have my Carbed 383 Finished an i was wondering if anyone had a Detailed List of what had to been done when putting it in the car to make it work. I know the gauges but what else i know you have to do something with the fuel system are you just reglating it down are goin a differnt direction.
Thanks Matt
Also the search is down i know this has been beat to death
Old 01-14-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

I run a Holley elec FP,factory alt,ps,and bracket,Lt headers,Z28 rad and dual fan setup,ps fluid reservoir from a 95 cr-vic mounted on pass inner feder(looks factory). Drops in like a standard SBC. lemme know if any other questions.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Teching In

I am puttin this in a 4th gen i was wondering if you could keep the stock gauges somehow and if you have to put a differnt fuel pump in or could it be Regulated down enough to use the stock pump
Old 01-15-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Yea,if you or someone you know is crafty with wiring you can keep the gauges. As far as the FI fuel pump,no,it makes too much psi to drop down w/a regulator.Just remove it from the tank and run a tube/hose to a sock from a carb'd car's sender,and an external FP.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1PWRD
Yea,if you or someone you know is crafty with wiring you can keep the gauges. As far as the FI fuel pump,no,it makes too much psi to drop down w/a regulator.Just remove it from the tank and run a tube/hose to a sock from a carb'd car's sender,and an external FP.
Thats not true. Im running a stock high flow pump and aeromotive regulator with return line and it works perfectly. Lots of people go this route. Guages are an easy keep. Water temp is on its own wire strait from firewall, just adapt the stock guage to side of the head. Same with oil pressure sensor. You will need a pipe fitting to adapt but it works great. Coil wire for tach comes straight out of firewall. Just tap that onto your new coil. Keep computer for tranny or run a vss box out of another car for the speedo. Voltmeter you wont have to mess with unless you mess with the bcm and its wiring, which you shouldnt. Same with the fuel level. If you have any questions let me know.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I used a Walbro fuel pump and a Holley fuel pressure regulator for my 383.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Woops,i forgot about using a bypass reg. good idea. I was stuck thinkin of a non return type reg. Sorry.