Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which short block with sts 76 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which short block with sts 76 turbo?

What shortblock would you guys recommend using,I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure whats the best way to go.Like it says,it will be a rearmount precision 76 turbo,and also have spray on the car I plan to keep to make up for lag probably a 100 shot.Thanks, any info will help a bunch.Just got the money and is ready to make my decission on short block to start with.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Several of the guys have opted for a 370, some for a 382/402. The 370 might be more efficient for a T76. IMHO 402 is slightly too big for the turbo, but it will surely work fine. A forged 346 is also a good choice for high end power. You'll need forged pistons minimum. What kind of hp and use (street? strip?) are you shooting for? What kind of car and drivetrain? Cam and heads? The more info the better. HTH
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Its going to mainly a street car,with about 4 times going to the strip a year.Its a 99 T/A A4 with tci 3500,hooker catback,ftra,draglites w/et streets,and tnt power ring,no cam or heads yet.So I guess I could say I need a longblock.But need to know what to start with.Thinking about some etp 225's,or if I use to much $ on the short block maybe some darts.Thinking about a custom ground cam.My friend said he just heard of someone picking up about 50hp with a certain cam with a sts kit,which I have to research.Thanks for the info.Btw I'm shooting for hp in the 700's
Old 01-22-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WELCOME to the Dark Side!!

Remember BOOST is your friend.

G
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MuscleMachine
Its going to mainly a street car,with about 4 times going to the strip a year.Its a 99 T/A A4 with tci 3500,hooker catback,ftra,draglites w/et streets,and tnt power ring,no cam or heads yet.So I guess I could say I need a longblock.But need to know what to start with.Thinking about some etp 225's,or if I use to much $ on the short block maybe some darts.Thinking about a custom ground cam.My friend said he just heard of someone picking up about 50hp with a certain cam with a sts kit,which I have to research.Thanks for the info.Btw I'm shooting for hp in the 700's
Give LME a call. They are a sponser of the site. They built my turbo motor and she runs just fine.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can u buy a 76 turbo from i have a 427 in my 02 Z my motor was a slp iron low compression short block the reason i change into a 427 was because i could not get a solid answer on how much boost i could run on it my car is no drag car but will see the track i sold the rotating assembly to a guy with a 6.0 burbon and had my block fitted with some proven parts for boost H&E built my motor its my uncles shop in georgia he has a twinturbo trans am with the same motor he built for me the difference is the turbo set up he has a custom and i have sts. BUMP and a 76 is too small what size should i get im looking for 700+ to the ground
Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This sounds familiar! I went through this same thought about 6 months ago. I got a forged 370 from LME, and I'm in the process of tuning, but it seems to be a good combo so far. And, LME is top notch. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: which short block with sts 76 turbo?