Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil catch can for STS setup boosting 15lbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Default Oil catch can for STS setup boosting 15lbs

I have heard people are using a moroso breather/oil catch on there VC to relieve pressure. I have STS, with low comp 408 and havent boosted over 10lbs, but am planning to do 15lbs on the street. Anyone have parts number from jegs for the breather or setup for the breather
Old 01-23-2006 | 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Synergy Motorsports in CA made a catch can for me- well the FI guys out here are calling it a "puke tank" It's basically a large PVC can with two k&n breathers on top. Rick at Synergy tapped in to my driver side valve cover and ran a hose to the catch can and re-routed the hoses on the passenger side to the catch can and also for the existing vacum lines. He said he'd make a few more so I'd give him a call (510)796-3749/ (510)synergy just ask for Rck and tell him you wanted to ask about the puke tank he made for Jason's turbo camaro. We've had the boost up to twelve so far and the puke tank worked great. Before the puke tank I was getting so much boost in the block and on top of the heads that it was actually blowing my oil filler neck out of the valve cover. But with this puke tank we haven't had any problems.
Hope this helped.
Jason
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:50 PM
8 Second Club

Search it up...lots of catch can interest lately for whatever reason.