Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new car, what do you all think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car, what do you all think?

lol, my first post, better make it good...

im mike, and 18. i've owned one f-body before (an 88 iroc), and had lots of fun with it. i sold it over the summer, and have been slowing looking for a new "fun" car ever since. i found it now, a 99 firebird. i love these cars, and i thought this forum would be a great place to be.

anyway, i was wondering what everyone thought of the car im getting. here's the link to the ad:

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/cars_for_sale go there and scroll down, its the last car on the page. the blue 99 firebird.

from what i do know, it deffinitly sounded like a deal. i was wondering what everyone else thought. i'll be picking up the car next weekend (lol, gotta fly down). i do have some plans for it, although nothing to major. some suspension things and some other stuff. just bought the car to hopefully be a fun street/strip car.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price is a lil high, but if you were gonna do heads and cam anyway along w/a hood and wheels your saving quite a bit od money! Looks like it was modded well too! GMMG is a nice touch! Looks good man, have fun with it
Old 02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Launching!

thanks. yeah, thats kinda how i viewed it.... by the time i bought an ls1 car that was in decent shape and payed someone to do all that motor work, i'd have spent WAY more then that.... (especially because i'd have to pay someone to do the work). he's also throwing sub frame connectors on there for me. really, i cant say enough good things about bruce so far... he's been great at calling me and working all this out(especially because im from pa, and the car is in sc). lol, *crosses fingers* i just hope the rest of this goes smoothly until i actually pick up the car. i dont need to ginx myself.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

If I were you I would get the Formula, that car IMO is better. Plus it is only like $1500 more than the WS6.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

? the formula? i am getting the formula, not the ws6. lol, the blue 99 formula, last car on the page. sorry if i wasnt clear, i didnt know how to directly link to just that add, so i just linked to the whole page.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

rock n roll newbie here 13.01 1/4 STOCK 8.46 1/8 street tires ... get it on man
Attached Thumbnails new car, what do you all think?-down-track1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

id ask a lot of questions but if you feel safe with it. get it. sounds good.

Last edited by Swang; 02-25-2006 at 05:50 PM. Reason: misread link
Old 02-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default looks like a nice car

do some reasearch on this forum write down every question you have and remember the t/a isn't an iroc so be careful and good luck with it.
Nelson.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

thats perrty decent price too man, dam i might check into this.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Board Certified Idiot

I think youll RECK it within 2 weeks lol thats just IMO tho. Lots of power to jump into going from a IROC to that.. Price is not that bad concidering the Miles and work done to it. just ask to have a compreshion test done. to make sure its LEGIT. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-25-2006, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

Pull a carfax on it.... check to see if it has a clear title... that it hasn't been rebuilt.... A car that was modded like that... I would want to go over every inch of it before I would commit to anything. And if you do buy it.... like everyone else said becareful, that car could be a handful in unexperienced hands. let us know if you pick it up.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Launching!

id ask a lot of questions but if you feel safe with it. get it. sounds good.
oh, i have been asking ALOT of questions. i do feel safe with it. all i ever heard was good things about hawks the whole time i had my iroc and was on 3rd gen. message boards, and bruce has been great calling me and stuff and communicating with me about all the details of the car and things. i deffinitly havent had any reasons to doubt anything so far.

dam i might check into this.
lol, i think i have you beat.

I think youll RECK it within 2 weeks lol thats just IMO tho. Lots of power to jump into going from a IROC to that.. Price is not that bad concidering the Miles and work done to it. just ask to have a compreshion test done. to make sure its LEGIT. GOOD LUCK
lol, i hope i dont reck it. i deffinitly dont have any misconceptions of my driving ability. i know its going to take alot of getting used to and learning. i may be 18, but i like to hope at least my sense is better then most 18 yr olds.

thanks for the concern everyone

Last edited by stokedporcupine; 02-26-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Launching!

guess i should actually post more details up that i know... lol.

anyway, like the ad says, its a 99 formula with 85k miles. it is stock with the exaction of things like the wheels, the hood, air box, ext... and all the engine work listed on the ad. it also has a full exuast. (yes, i realize a different clutch will be needed, lol, thats first on my list, a 9 inch rear is second on my list, and suspenion things are last on my list. he will be putting in SFC's for me before i pick it up though). he does have the dyno sheets still from when the car was tuned. he says the car has been driven about 500 miles since all the engine work was done, and that there are brand new tires on the car (around 100 miles on those). since i have to go so far to buy the car, there's no way for me to look at everything before i make the final choice to buy. i would NEVER buy a car like this from a private seller, or even a used car place, the only reason i even thought about it was the repuation hawks seems to have (and has lived up to in my minor dealings with them in the past and so far in buying this car), and because of how good the deal seemed to me.

anyway, im going to pick the car up on the 5th, and im excited... lol.