General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

URGENT!!!!! also need help with my window

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default URGENT!!!!! also need help with my window

Well My Driver Side Window Doesnt Work Anymore So I'm Gonna Go To Autozone And Get A New Motor. Now I Wuz Messing With The Button That Rolls The Window And It Became Really Loose! Can This Be Fixed Or Does It Even Matter, Please Help Asap, Cuz I Wanna Fix 2nite So I Can Take My T Tops Off And Go To Mardi Gras In Galveston!!! Thanx For Your Help
Old 02-25-2006, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

are you sure its not your switch that went bad?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Launching!

dont think so becuse the window has been acting up for a while and i jus replaced the passenger window awhile back and now i don't have problems with it. should i try the switch first?? is it difficult??
Old 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Most likely its your window regulator. I personally don't know how to change it try and see how difficult and if you don't know anyone who can just take it to a shop right quick and get it squared away.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

well if the switch button is real loose then i would look at that first.It sounds like the contacts burnt up.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

I would try your switch first, much cheaper and easier!, they both go bad often, on my old 96 i've changed both numerous times. Go to a junk yard and you will more than likely find a switch, thats where i got all of mine!, As far as the motor/regulator, its not hard, its just a pain. Its rivited in, so grind those off and use bolts for the install of the new one.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Launching!

I just had this problem last night. The button for the driver side window was lose and did not work. When I took it off I could see that it had broke and there was some residue on the little white piece that it moves to trigger the window motor. Could that indicate something burning?

I took the button for the passenger side window and put it on the driver side window and it worked fine. So, do I just have a broken plastic button or did it break because there was some other problem? I recently did some wiring but no where near the door.