Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flow # question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Flow # question

What should/do the best LS1 heads (stage whatever) flow @.600 lift on the intake side?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Flow # question

As I said in an other topic,

The best way to confirm flow #s are to flow the heads before and after by the same porter and machine! Flow #s will change if they were flowed in different flow machines. Also, most stock flow #s are not done by the porter or there machine, but done on other machines by someone else, and they assume they are the same! If flow benches differ in there output, then how can a person know what his heads gained from the stock!

IMO, all sponsors or porters must flow there heads before they port them, and then flow them again after they port them! By doing that we will see what is the gain they have made after porting!

This is just my .02

Anyway, good heads should flow about 300CFM - 310CFM

Note that I know someone that had his heads flowed in one place and got 290 CFM. and flowed them again in a different place and got 270 CFM. So, if both flow benches flowed the same heads stock (unported) they will be different. BUT, if you compare the gain before and after, they should be about the same in %
Old 01-19-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Flow # question

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RUF SS:
<strong> As I said in an other topic,

The best way to confirm flow #s are to flow the heads before and after by the same porter and machine! Flow #s will change if they were flowed in different flow machines. Also, most stock flow #s are not done by the porter or there machine, but done on other machines by someone else, and they assume they are the same! If flow benches differ in there output, then how can a person know what his heads gained from the stock!

IMO, all sponsors or porters must flow there heads before they port them, and then flow them again after they port them! By doing that we will see what is the gain they have made after porting!

This is just my .02

Anyway, good heads should flow about 300CFM - 310CFM

Note that I know someone that had his heads flowed in one place and got 290 CFM. and flowed them again in a different place and got 270 CFM. So, if both flow benches flowed the same heads stock (unported) they will be different. BUT, if you compare the gain before and after, they should be about the same in % </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is good to hear since it's exactly what I've done. After the re-porting of the stage I ARE heads they flowed 280 CFM. Prior they flowed 268 CFM, both on intake @.600. Not bad but it picked up much more on the exhaust side. I don't have the numbers but I know it was over 15 CFM @ .600.

Thanks for the input. I'm hoping to make 420+ hp & tq at the wheels w/tuning and the new cam.

Jim