PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experts needed for tuning questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experts needed for tuning questions.

Ok heres the deal i need some hints of how to work these damn bugs out my car. OK ive got all major bolt ons,stock mass air w/screen, comp cam .563" lift 224 @ .050" duration and 112LSA and hooker long tubes. My problem is now is idling mainly but there some pretty weird crap going on here i think. My car all of a sudden devoloped a nasty idling problem where as before it would catch its self at 1000 rpms and slowly work down to 750 now it plumets sometimes to 500 then catches and surges. So ichecked IAC and it read 0 so im like ok i di have the intake off before so i oppoed the intake again replaced the intake seals and sealed all connecting vaccum lines with some vasaline.Torqued the boltsto proper spec of which i had found on the board replaced the PCV and sealed that area with vas as well. Fired it up now my IAc reads and i did drill the hole previously now i got the iac to sit at about 35 at 190 degree but it still idles like crap and wont recover correctly. This pig has some other issues too with the MAFt at stock seetings im still getting LTfs at 25 on drive side bank and 19 on the pass. so ended up at 20% rich on the base setting of the MAFT to getthe Ltfs at -2 consistently while idling and 0 at WOT. Am i still up agasint a vaccum leak to cause such horrific + LTfs? and havingto band aid it so much with the MAFT im also randomly getting a po133 code and sometimes both 133 and 153 but the drive side o2 acts kinda funny compared to the pass it doesnt seem to flucuate as much and kinda stays within a certain range comapred the pass side which is all over hells creation.would this be a definate exhasutleak for the root cause here? My other concern is im getting relativley low spark lead at constant 18.5 degree at WOT and 0 KR and im now pulling .910 Mv at WOT at 2% lean on the maft. Im usinga scanmaster as well to track this info if there is anything else need to know about mods just ask. also it doe have ported stocker Tb but the bell is just smoothed nothing else. ive done everything short of buying Edit yet. Im jsut looking for some possibiltys to look at and go after as beeing a root casue of this idle problem and funky o2 dilema. P.S. if ther is an exhaust leak its gonna be very small cuz i cant seem to have any audible leaks nor any vissible leakage. Thanks in advacne for your time ill greatly appreciate whatever info you can swing my way on a remedy. Tom
Old 03-15-2003, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Experts needed for tuning questions.

Oh yeah by the way this is an 01 SS 6 speed forgot to metntion that thought that maybe important.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Experts needed for tuning questions.

thanks guys for all your input much appreciated.