General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

horrible bucking from a stop

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default horrible bucking from a stop

On friday when accelerating from a stop the car bucked badly twice as I was letting out the clutch. I just had the same thing happend 3 times today. Before friday I have never had this happen before with any car. My car has been very low on power. I posted last week about the car would run great for a few days and then run weak. I have tested the fuel pressure, tested for vacuum leaks I have gauge inside the car. I changed the fuel filter 6 weeks ago. I cleaned the maf already, put a can of seafoam in the gas tank. I ordered new spark plugs and wires a week ago so I should get those this week. When the car bucks it feels as if the power is cutting off and then back on. What the hell is going on?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

i think this might be the wrong place to post this type of question. try general maintenance and repairs perhaps.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Ok I wil.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Default horrible bucking from a stop

On friday when accelerating from a stop the car bucked badly twice as I was letting out the clutch. I just had the same thing happend 3 times today. Before friday I have never had this happen before with any car. My car has been very low on power. I posted last week about the car would run great for a few days and then run weak. I have tested the fuel pressure, tested for vacuum leaks I have gauge inside the car. I changed the fuel filter 6 weeks ago. I cleaned the maf already, put a can of seafoam in the gas tank. I ordered new spark plugs and wires a week ago so I should get those this week. When the car bucks it feels as if the power is cutting off and then back on. What the hell is going on?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Did you check your plugs and wires? or did you just order new ones? unless its major its prolly that
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

I just checked for codes with my predator and just got a low maf code. I unplugged the connect and then plugged it back in and no bucking. Still very low on power though but I hope when I get new plugs and wires that will solve the issue since I have tested, checked and replaced everything else. The car for the past month would run strong and smooth for 4 days at the most and then all the power would suddendly go away.