Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Might have a bad clutch, acting kinda weird...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Might have a bad clutch, almost stuck to the floor!! Whats wrong?

I handed out a croud pleaser last night. Turned on the line lock and started burning in 1st, then shifted into second and really got the smoke coming out. I let the line lock loose and started forward. After the tires finally caught, still in second, I tried to shift into third and grinded them(at first I thought I just missed third), but when I got it into third, the clutch came of off the floor pretty slow. Much slower than normal. I've never had this happen before so I'm not sure what it means. Is my clutch going bad? It still has the factory clutch, but I've been really "nice" to it so far. Any ideas?

Last edited by 02SS:ZEUS; 03-02-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care if this is an old thread, bump this because the same thing just happend to me yesturday. Spun first then went to go into 2nd, it just grinded with the clutch to the floor and then I couldnt get it into 2nd eventually I did and the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor slowly coming back. Only happens under a load shifting. I smelt that my clutch was burnt as well. 02SS, I also have the stock clutch still and it was always fine till now.