LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

arching on lt1

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arching on lt1

my friends lt1 has been arching since he bought it. it only arch at idle and it archs from some of the wires at the opti and the plugs and coming out of the coil. the wires were replaced,coil, and new plugs and cap and rotor. i also pulled the metal covers off the wires were they connected to the plug and it helped a little. car runs fine and there's not alot of missfire's. just small misses at idle. anybody have idea's????
Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

needs new wires
Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silverlt1ss
my friends lt1 has been arching since he bought it. it only arch at idle and it archs from some of the wires at the opti and the plugs and coming out of the coil. the wires were replaced,coil, and new plugs and cap and rotor. i also pulled the metal covers off the wires were they connected to the plug and it helped a little. car runs fine and there's not alot of missfire's. just small misses at idle. anybody have idea's????
I'm assuming your friend has aftermarket headers? If so, keeping the from touching the headers is a pain in the ***. I've went through three wire changes in almost two years. I suggest wire sleeves and/or header sleeves.

Other ideas... could be injectors, fuel pump, loose clamp or hose in the air intake, optispark, coil or coil wire (good way to check is to see if your headlights flicker when the car stumbles), or egr valve and solenoid.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

thanks