Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Last piece of the puzzle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last piece of the puzzle?

After considerable debate I ordered a Denny's Nitrous Ready Drive Shaft today. I like keeping my money local when I can, so I was thinking about having Drivelines NW build me one. But after seeing a couple of them break on cars in the last month or 2, AND seeing how they handled their customers, I went elsewhere.

The part of this story that made me post is.....

When I was ordering, I was talking to Denny himself. I told him about the broken weld DS on the mostly stock TA, and how they wouldn't cover it because it was "abused". He said "ABUSED? Now if you were flying down the road, flipped the car over on it's side, & slid DS first into a pole, THAT would be abuse! But you will be able to race the **** out of your car, every weekend, and I GUARANTEE you won't break a weld, much less the DS. Or I'll give you a brand new one absolutely free!!!"

I like this guy.......
Old 03-13-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Wow! Sounds like quite the guy!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I talked to Denny just the other day. Ordered my DS about a month ago and talked to him when I ordered it. When I gave him my measurements, he gave me about a 10 min rant about my transmission and how he didn't like it, lol. The output shaft sticks out 2 1/8" beyond the end of the housing and he told me all about it, lol. (the transmission I purchased off a dude in NY, and the more I find out about it, the more I realize I didn't get quite what I thought I bought...just ask Ellis) Anyhoo, he tought me a lot of stuff and I'm doing research on parts to build my stock one up and just sell this one before I break it, lol. He wanted me to call him back and talk to him personally after I got the DS and tell him what I thought of it. Customer service is A+++++++ and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one from him if I needed it. That's my story.

Brian
Old 03-14-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my First Denny's shaft back in 1993
Old 03-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Launching!

Denny builds nice stuff. A guy named Mark made my driveshaft.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

I agree most of the 10.5 cars down south run dennys shaft and i have yet to see one break. mark that driveshaft shoud last longer than the car
Old 03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Good purchase Mark! If for nothing else, it gives you piece of mind... that's one part I do not even think about breaking on my Camaro. That thing is STOUT... pick up your stock driveshaft, then pick up the Denny's. Yeah, I swear the Denny's weighs nearly twice as much.

Quick Reply: Last piece of the puzzle?