Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior Neon Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior Neon Help

I have some led neon lights that I have wired and strung out into place where I would like to mount them. My problem is I have no idea where to put ehm to keep them out of sight so you cannot see the lights themselves but just the glow from them. I mounted two under the dash already but the one on the passenger side can still be seen. I have some more throughout the car that I have no idea where to put them or how to mount them. The are two more under the front seat that I want to point towards the front of the car, two in the back seat area that I want to point down at the floor back there, and two more in the hatch area. Any help would be appreciated, and please no rice comments, I believe I can do this tastefully and have it look pretty nice. Thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hope you're ready for the great responses you're about to get regaurding neons...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I realize that many people on here don't like them, I for one think they can by tastefully done, and I am just loking for help on that, hopefully anyone who is not looking to help out on this one will just not give there input and let anyone who can help do the talking, thanks guys I am looking for any help as to how I should mount them. There is so much helpfull information on this site already, hopefully someone can help me out with this too
Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Screw those responses, man asked for help not someone's half baked,narrow-minded opinions. I used cold cathode tubes which are nice because they give a VERY subtle glow, almost eerie, but nonetheless, same basic goal. I put a 12" tube under each front seat which because they are tubes and radiate light in all directions, they glow from the front and rear of the seat. Also mounted a tube under the glove box in the footwell on the passenger side and under the dash on the driver's side. Neither one is visible unless you bend down to look for them. They give the footwells a nice eerie glow. ALso mounted 2 6" tubes in each rear seat speaker which makes the speaker grilles glow red and is pretty cool looking.

Ran all to a switch in the ashtray:

Bryan
parbreak
Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parbreak
ALso mounted 2 6" tubes in each rear seat speaker which makes the speaker grilles glow red and is pretty cool looking.
pics?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trojan35
pics?

No, I'll try to take some at night.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks parbreak, how did you mount the lights inder the seats. BTW this is off topic, but I love the final decal you made for my AC canister, I havew not put it on yet, because the temp has been kinda cold here but I know it will look great. Hopefully eventually I can get some fuel rail covers from you and maybe get my SLP lid painted from you too.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
Thanks parbreak, how did you mount the lights inder the seats. BTW this is off topic, but I love the final decal you made for my AC canister, I havew not put it on yet, because the temp has been kinda cold here but I know it will look great. Hopefully eventually I can get some fuel rail covers from you and maybe get my SLP lid painted from you too.

I used the "extremely" high tech method of velcro Actually what I did is take some thin plexiglass and cut a strip about 12" long by 2" wide. Then mounted the cathode tubes to those with some pipe straps(lined with rubber)
and then velcroed the plexiglass to the carpet. Holds very nicely.

Bryan
Old 03-22-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone else have any idea of how I can mount these. I don't want to put un-needed holes where I don't need to., post up if you have some ideas

Quick Reply: Interior Neon Help