Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod twin disc/built t56

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod twin disc/built t56

it was in the car when i bought it. I noticed it a lil hard to get into 1st not bad but take a lil effort. so i bleed the system and still the same. If u pump the clutch like 3 time it will go in real easy. it is also realy hard to get into reverse with the car runing. besides that it is perfect...the only other thing is when in 4th gear from 1800rpm to 2k it makes a lil howling sound not shure if its the piolt bearing or something in the trans.....
Old 03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you could adjust the master becasue it's engaging too close to the floor.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
8 Second Club

i have a stock master on it......they are not adjustable
Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

hey man whats up? what happened to my car? The noise you are hearing is the synchros from the buildup i believe. ellis welds extra metal to the teeth so that they are stronger also the 2 clutches make some noise due to them being engaged at different points in travel at low rpms. he said it was normal noise from prior buildups. the master that was in the car was an adjustable master. you have to use it with the twin disk otherwise it wont work properly. I went through 2 of them and had the lines upgraded from mcleod also and i still had that problem with the having to pump the pedal to get good pressure. I would order a new master or rebuild kit and see if that fixes everything. hey man can i get the 5x7 speakers i asked u about before?
later
Old 03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the same problem with my centerforece DF.. it drives me nuts.. anyone know what i could do to fix it. sometimes it slides right into revers and sometimes it is almost impossible. first is sometiems hard but i can alwasys get it in, with some forece.