General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

igot home last night just getting my car out of the shop and right before i got home i nailed it one time to see if it was runnin good because i havent drove it in like three months and as soon as i pulled up in the drive way it shut off and then i tried to crank it when i turned the key on it started a loud clickin noise and and wouldnt turn over a all and soon as i turned the key off the gauges went crazy going up and down, im wonderin if its and ground or my ecu or solenoid or what any comments will help.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like it's probably your battery.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

same **** that i went through, got in the car one day and barely started, so i drive to work and once i get there i shut her off and get ready to head in then i was just thinking i wonder if she will start. sure enough try to start the car and damn clicking and the engine wont turn over and start, turned out to be the battery and replaced the old one with a new Optima battery and starts without hesitation now. damn good batterys and very reliable, left my car sitting for two weeks when i went to louisiana and came home started right up middle of winter also.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Teching In

I had the same exact problem. Definitely the battery. Clean the cables. Make sure the battery is charged and connected tightly. Batteries tend to last as long as they are intended. So if your 3 or 4 or 5 years isn't up yet then your cables probably just need to be cleaned.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you need a new battery too. Or it could just be that your cables to the battery aren't tight enough. It will make that clicking it it's touching but not really screwed on!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 478TAM6
igot home last night just getting my car out of the shop and right before i got home i nailed it one time to see if it was runnin good because i havent drove it in like three months and as soon as i pulled up in the drive way it shut off and then i tried to crank it when i turned the key on it started a loud clickin noise and and wouldnt turn over a all and soon as i turned the key off the gauges went crazy going up and down, im wonderin if its and ground or my ecu or solenoid or what any comments will help.

Sounds like battery/battery cable for sure. What did you have done at the shop?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup check the cables, but sounds like the battery