Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram Adjustable Master..what The Hell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ram Adjustable Master..what The Hell?

Does anyone have a Ram ADJ. Master CYL. Is it suppose to look like a cheap autozone mastercylinder with an adj. rod welded to it? just wondering if im jipped...
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Launching!

No you're not jipped, that is the correct unit. It is a 02' stock master cylinder with adjustment. Mine has worked great for me!

Originally Posted by lowchevy2go
Does anyone have a Ram ADJ. Master CYL. Is it suppose to look like a cheap autozone mastercylinder with an adj. rod welded to it? just wondering if im jipped...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowchevy2go
I kinda felt like how you did when I got mine and compared it. I'm really glad that I got it though because I adjusted it to be slightly longer than the stocker and my clutch pedal doesn't stick to the floor anymore.

One other thing that I ran into was I couldn't get the end to fit on the clutch pedal with the retaining clip on. The retaining clip wouldn't fit on because the swivel joint that Ram put on there is too wide. I had to dremel the hell out of the swivel joint so the retaining clip would fit on.

I wrote little review of it a while back btw: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/415347-ram-adjustable-master-cylinder-install.html
Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very happy with my Ram Adj. Master. And I too looked at it like. No way you can withstand the power but it does.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I felt the same way you did when I got mine. But It's been a great piece so far. Like above, I had to grind down the rod end to fit on the pedal. I have to say it is real nice to have the adjustability. And for those that have installed theirs, I hate locking washers!!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Teching In

mclcoud is the best way to go and you can rebuild it for like 39 dollars from thunder racing