General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!

After installing my Lt's my car has running VERY rich... My SES light is on (sometimes goes off) and on occasion the car has a tendency to hesitate for a for seconds ... then be fine. I am curious , Could it be a bad O2 sensor? I have LT's and TSP duals, i dont know if that can account for such things going wrong. I have heard you dont HAVE to get a tune to get the car to stop running rich , because the computer will adjust its self. I have O2 simms to replace my rear 02 Sensors ... but i still get an SES light. Could there be something else throwing a code besides a sensor and could that same thing be making the car hesitate? With the hesitation there is a bit of backfire. But then everything is ok and the car runs strong. Any help would greatly be a appreciated.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the code scanned, so we know what the problem is (you can get it scanned at autozone for free)
It's likely the front o2 has insufficient switching due to the relocating of the o2 sensor in "cooler" exhaust stream
As for the tune, give it about 200 miles to adjust, and evaluate the car then, most don't need a tune, but some do
BTW you can usually get a few more horses with a tune, but it's not required (usually) if you plan on more mods (heads, cam, etc) you may want to hold off on a tune untill you get into more intensive mods
Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So that hesitation and backfire may be due to an O2 sensor not getting sufficient readings? Thanks for all the help . Ill get it scanned tomorrow. just wondering that with me installing duals today made the flow faster and made the condition that didnt happen much before , worsen and become prevalent.