PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What EXTRA has to be done to tune a stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What EXTRA has to be done to tune a stroker?

I'm hoping to have my 402 together in about 3 weeks, and then tuning starts all over again. Last year I used the "How to tune 101" writeup to tune the 231/237 in my motor for closed loop operation. This year I'll be doing the LS2 402 in an open loop tune. What do I have to do to the tune in addition to the normal tuning steps? Other than changing the cylinder volume cell, what else do I need to change for a safe "startup tune". I'm only planning on getting it drivable and get the VE tables dialed in. I'll be taking it to a pro for maximum power tuning.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
I'm hoping to have my 402 together in about 3 weeks, and then tuning starts all over again. Last year I used the "How to tune 101" writeup to tune the 231/237 in my motor for closed loop operation. This year I'll be doing the LS2 402 in an open loop tune. What do I have to do to the tune in addition to the normal tuning steps? Other than changing the cylinder volume cell, what else do I need to change for a safe "startup tune". I'm only planning on getting it drivable and get the VE tables dialed in. I'll be taking it to a pro for maximum power tuning.
If you tuned your old cam, you will be fine. Cylinder volume and IFR if you changed the injectors. I went from a stock head, LS6 intake, MS3 tune to a 408 with AFR 225s, decent size cam, 90/90 intake, and 42lb injectors and all I changed was the cylinder volume and IFR for the 42lbers and it started right up! Maybe bump up the cranking VE if it doesnt start first try.

Quick Reply: What EXTRA has to be done to tune a stroker?