Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulic Issues(semi long, story included)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Issues(semi long, story included)

Let me start out by saying I hate this crap.

Okay, so last year i got a new clutch, spec stage 3, started out fine and dandy, 3000 miles later, the master and slave go out, so i replace the slave with a 01+, and the master with a mcleod master cylinder, that works fine and dandy for 2000 miles, then it starts going haywire(sp), the engagement points start fluxuating and crap starts happening that shouldnt, full engagement pedal throw would range from 1" sometimes, to 3" sometimes, to regular length sometimes, just luck of the draw. So this spring my parents as a gift to me(for my b-day) brought it to a shop had my dads friend fix it, he hones the **** outta it, and rebuilds the damn mcleod master cylinder. It works fine and dandy for maybe a week. After this time i start having to pull the pedal up manually with my foot some ways, for example, i went to the dragstrip, it worked okay on the way down, i get in line, and go for my first run, ran 12.9@110, not bad, but the hydraulics was not letting the clutch engage fully, so it sounded like my clutch was slipping during shifts, 2nd run i go, 16.2@64 mph, the hydraulics stayed in even further. So i let it sit for 2.5-3 hours, decide to try 1 last run for the day, car works PERFECT, 12.54@113.8, 2.026 60'. Okay, so i get back home, happy, now i start going to school, my clutch pedal starts hanging even lower than normal, really irritating me, worse than the problems from before because now i have to pull it back a lot, as opposed to just a little, anybody help me please? do i just need to start over from scratch?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I feel your pain. I was just about to post the very same thing. Since I've had this Mcleod clutch/master installed on my car, I've had nothing but issues. Usually, when I first start the car after it's been sitting, I have to depress the clutch pedal and let it pop back up a few times, just for it to start operating properly. This lasts for about 5 minutes before I have to do the same thing all over again. I too have had the mc rebuilt.

These clutch issues make me hate driving the car. I know we're not the only folks on here who have had these issues. I'd like to know what other options we have to solve this problem.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

ttt please for others to see
Old 04-23-2006, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

A TTT for you. Running into a mildly related issue now!
Clutch Slave install Slipping!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put a stock master in it and throw that McLeod in the neighbors yard.A stocker with
the drill mod is all you need with a spec 3.Had this set up in mine for 10000 miles and
6 ring and pinions.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

I am having similar problems with mine. I changed the manuel transmission fluid and the shop told me it was the pressure plate and to buy a new clutch kit. Since I changed the fluid it doesn't stick as much as it did before but it still does it every now and then. I am in the military and when I am in uniform and engage the clutch all the way my boots are so heavy that the clutch will stick and it takes it a while to pop back out. I have to pumped the clutch a few times and it come back as if nothing was wrong. So now, and this may sound totally stupid, but I will take off my boots and or shoes and drive barefoot and I have no problems with the clutch.