Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to Doug Rippie Motorsports (DRM)!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props to Doug Rippie Motorsports (DRM)!

Just had to say how fortunate to have a tuner of this caliber so close to home (10 miles away). Last winter I had a XR269HR Comp Cam/LS6 heads package, Dynatech longtubes with high-flow cats, X-pipe, 2001+ intake manifold and injectors, transmission cooler, descreened MAF installed on the car by DRM, along with a full dynotune by Doug Rippie, himself. This was in addition to the existing Blackwing, WCC powerbridge, smooth coupler and GHL Bullet catback exhaust. My design goal was to increase power everywhere under the curve, maintain reliability, and not overly stress the drivetrain. My goals were accomplished. The car was very strong and performed flawlessly. This year I had DRM install a Yank SS3200 torque converter and add a little more computer tuning for it. This is a tight converter, is fun, and really great to drive. All I can say is, that this car is exactly where I want it (at least for this year ). The quality of work these guys perform is of exceptional quality, and Doug understands LS1 tuning inside and out. As frosting on the cake, they have very reasonable and fair pricing. Evidence, as to their quality and know-how, is the cars from all over the country you're likely to see whenever you swing in there. My thanks to Doug, Randy and Todd for a job well done! :thumbs:
Ed
Old 04-26-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you're happy. Did you happen to dyno the car?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for tuning?