V. Young out! Bush/Williams in???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Mustang Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V. Young out! Bush/Williams in???

Ok...now that the Texans have officially ruled out Young...what do you guys think between M. Williams and R. Bush????

M. Williams is a true SUPER FREAK! That guy it just physically awesome! Would be a huge impact on defense! Hell....anyone that can bench 225 up for 35 times is a strong SUM BIATCH!

R. Bush would be the same for offense...hell the Texans need help on both sides that's for sure!

Either way the Texans are going to have a great player!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

If I were the texans I would trade the pick...1 supposed to be really good player for 2 good players. The Texans need more than just a RB
Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
LS7 Member

No Vince Young no care / no super bowl...
Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
No Vince Young no care / no super bowl...

Vince is an awesome player...but come on, a super bowl because of him...I don't think so, especially not with the Texans.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

even with vince yount the texans would have NO shot at a super bowl
Old 04-27-2006, 12:03 AM
LS7 Member

Well not this year, or the following year. I'm thinking of ~4+ years down the road .

Vince is an outstanding athlete, and an outstanding leader. He can transform a team and make those around him play up to their potential. The Texans are stupid to pass him up, but it isn't an easy decision with somone like Reggie Bush on the plate as well.

VY > Carr will ever be.

VY TILL I DIE!
VY for G!
ect...

Last edited by UTzo6; 04-27-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs down

Bush is overrated.....
Old 04-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Ginger Hater

personally i would like to see VY go to the jets.
N.O. would be a bad fit, plus they picked up another QB in offseason.
The titans would be nice for VY, but the jets by far would be my fit for him. I'd see him doing well there.

But my team is way down on the todempole, and they already have a good QB and 2 great runningbacks.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Junkie

bush.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not a texans fan, but you would be on crack to pass on reggie bush. dominick davis blows.. carr, moulds, a. johnson, bush on offense.. thats bad a$$.. even if carr has no line, he could still hand the ball off to bush who will take a whole lot of pressure of carr anyways..
Old 04-27-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

**** no...

VY to the titans all the way... steve mcnair will help him in and he will become one of the greats in the NFL...

im glad he is not going to the texans and god i hope he doenst go to the Saints bc all they do is ruin great players... yes they will just hurt the best ones...

Texans need a whole new offense and vy wont be able to do it himself... even at UT he had the best line in NCAA... and that is somethin texans dont offer... i want to see somebody i have met, and watch play over 3 years at my university prosper in the best situations... I think the Titans are the best fit

im sdrnk and i hope im not rambling to much and made sense
Old 04-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned

vince young is going to have a horrible nfl carrer...that is all.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowTA
vince young is going to have a horrible nfl carrer...that is all.
give me a ******* break... the nfl is going to be crazy w/ him there
Old 04-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
give me a ******* break... the nfl is going to be crazy w/ him there
negative

just bust college d backs were too slow and too scarred to tackle him doesnt mean that the nfl ones will be

that is if he can even escape the line

trust me, he isnt gonna get all the side tackle attempts to break that he got every game in college

for the first time in his carrer he is gonna get tackled hard
Old 04-27-2006, 03:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

negatory... he will have a better o-line than ever before and he is getting stronger
Old 04-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Mustang Moderator

yeah...I am thinking Young will go to the Titans....but a lot of "experts" say the coaches there want Leinhart instead! I do hate the idea that Bud Adams would have Young and that they would play the Texans twice a year! But it would make for a great BUSH/YOUNG rivalary in the NFL....

Yeah....if the Saints pass on the big offensive lineman Ferguson and pick Young then he would be ruined IMHO....they always suck!

I guess we'll see Saturday!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
SSU Moderator

I think VY is kind of an idiot off the field, but hey, I'm not him so what do I care. On the field he's really exceptional and with his talent and size he has the capability to really well. I just hope he gets into a system that will help him out (read: not playing for a year+). Titans can do that, but I wonder what they will do with McNair's $25mil cap number...they can't pay that...and won't. So they may be looking for someone to play now or under Volek, which really isnt good for anyone, so that's why Fisher and Chow want Leinart. He is obviously the most pro-ready QB in the bunch and played for Chow before. BUT, the GM wants Young so that's probably what's going to happen. I think it will be 1. Williams, 2. Bush, 3. Young; or 1. Bush, 2. Ferguson, 3. Young. Bush wants a ton of cash and I don't know if he's really the guy to help Kubiak THIS year like Williams could be. Kub can probably get whats-his-name 1200 yards on the ground if he gets a system going like Denver had/has.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Ginger Hater

Saints = Ruined
with the titans, McNair from what i'm hearing isn't in good standing with the orginization, he's waiting for his contract to expire and jump ship, not a real good thing for VY. If Mcnair is family friends with VY, then Mcnair should be there to guide the guy. I'm saying NY FTW.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowTA
negative

just bust college d backs were too slow and too scarred to tackle him doesnt mean that the nfl ones will be

that is if he can even escape the line

trust me, he isnt gonna get all the side tackle attempts to break that he got every game in college

for the first time in his carrer he is gonna get tackled hard
Thats verry true. Im not gona deny that he is a good player, but the game is about to change, and with some of the secondary players in the NFL, theyre gona be waiting for the perfect opprotunity to take a kill shot at him. He intimidated a lot of the d-backs in the NCAA, but he wont have that to his advantage in the NFL.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Sentimentally, I was hoping the Texans would pick VY, but they've made their decision to stick with Carr. At this point, if they draft Mario Williams with the number one pick, I think this town will mutiny. Get Bush, build around him, and be done with it. Williams is a great prospect, but there are far too many holes to fill on this team for him to make as big an impact as someone like Bush, who will touch the ball 20+ times per game.

I think VY will have a good to great NFL career if he gets an offensive coordinator who will exploit his talents well. If he gets into a system where they force him to be a pocket passer, he's doomed to fail. And while I agree that NFL defensive backs are stronger and faster, Vince is going to get bigger and stronger too. NFL DB's are the creme of the crop from college, and so is Vince. When he was in high school, people said he would have a hard time adapting to the speed of the college game. Now that he's entering the pros, people are saying the same thing.

-Mike