General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Please help before I lose my damn mind!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help before I lose my damn mind!!!!!!!

Bought my 94z about 3 months ago, ran fine the first 3 weeks I had it then it started shutting off at random sometimes at idle sometimes driving down the road,sometimes it would do it 5 times a day and sometimes it wont do it for a week,well today it did it for the first time in a week and a half.It will idle for about 30 seconds and die.I drove it for about 2 miles and it died about 10 times,If it dies I have to wait for a few seconds to let the fuel pump kick on, always cranks right back,if its not kicked on it takes forever to crank.I hooked a fuel pressure gauge to it the other day, it was reading about 43 lbs,but when I revved it up the pressure would drop a good bit.It has an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on it my mechanic said it sounds like it is leaking a little bit.Im about to go ******* insane,I wanna take it to the track but it keeps ******* up on me.Also last night I noticed my MSD blaster looked like it was arcing,not arcing off of anything just arcing.I dont know what the hells up.Someone please help me out Im starting to really pissed at it.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like you have a bad fuel pump. they do that when they go, when it dosn't start can you hear the fuel pump turn on, if not then that is the most likely cause. It sounds like the sending unit is gone. alot of the times you can tap them with a screw driver and get them to kick on when they die, but its a little harder in the f-body. My vote says fuel pump.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Teching In

no the only time it doesnt start right back up is when its off, I have to wait for several seconds for it to kick back on
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

vote for fuel pump also make sure nothing is leaking.