Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ET Street mounting help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ET Street mounting help

I searched a little last night here to see if anybody has had this problem and I couldn't find an answer. I mounted my ET street on my camaro wheels. the problem I am having is getting the outter bead to completely seat. the inner bead (inside of wheel) has seated fine. I've done all of the tricks I know. The tires say not to go above 35psi to get the bead to seat. I pushed it up to 40 and its close but not completely there yet. What else can I do, or what am I doing wrong?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Mine did exactly the same thing, I had to flip mine twice, just to get them to seal correctly. You might try that, it worked for me.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

You're a loser...that's what's wrong! I didn't know you were on this site too. One of my MT DR's was a pain to get seated as well. One went on fine but the other just wouldn't seat out the outer bead. The guy kept pumping it up and was up to about 50psi before it finally seated. He was about to let the air out and try again when it finally popped on. I was afraid he was gonna blow it apart since they do say to only do like 35 or so to seat it.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some tire places have an inflatable tube/donut that goes around the circumference of the tire right down the middle. It's about 2" in diameter. You inflate that tube to keep the center of the tire from expanding out. This causes all the pressure to be put on the edge of the tire and beads.

That's how my buddy at Goodyear got my skinnys mounted. They just wouldn't seat until we did that.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't know you were supposed to run tubes in ET streets until the other day, that's something I'll be doing this year with my mods, I'll need all the safety equipment I can get.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just the other day i mounted my 28x11.5-15 ET streets on my 15x8 draglites, and it was a bitch getting the bead to seat. i know i probably used 40+ psi to seat them even though your not susposed to..but its the only way i could seat the bead. it took a while but i finally got them.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took the guy doin mine forever to get mine on.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GETGONE
You're a loser...that's what's wrong! I didn't know you were on this site too. One of my MT DR's was a pain to get seated as well. One went on fine but the other just wouldn't seat out the outer bead. The guy kept pumping it up and was up to about 50psi before it finally seated. He was about to let the air out and try again when it finally popped on. I was afraid he was gonna blow it apart since they do say to only do like 35 or so to seat it.

ha you punk, this started off pretty funny though
Old 05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSmokin 01
Some tire places have an inflatable tube/donut that goes around the circumference of the tire right down the middle. It's about 2" in diameter. You inflate that tube to keep the center of the tire from expanding out. This causes all the pressure to be put on the edge of the tire and beads.

That's how my buddy at Goodyear got my skinnys mounted. They just wouldn't seat until we did that.

man, i even tried a 2 inch strap that i used, this usually does the trick. i guess i'll try the flipping thing or bringing them up more in pressure.