Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Exhaust Installation Near Buford

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Installation Near Buford

Me and my buddy Blake are going to be leaving right after school the Friday for G10 and stay the rest of the weekend (26-28). My car (1999 SS) is "supposed" to be done by this show (getting repairs done for hit-and-run accident). Hopefully it will be done about a week before the 26th so I can put my new exhaust on. Anyone in the Buford area that wouldn't mind lending a helping hand with the exhaust? (I should be placing the order for everything by tomorrow if not tonight--Pacesetter long-tubes, x-pipe, and race mufflers from Flowmaster) I have never done an exhaust system before, and would love to give it a shot with a person that has installed long-tubes before. I'd be fine with just getting the headers installed and getting the rest welded in and such by a shop if we couldn't do it ourselves, but I'd really like to just go ahead and get it all done at once.
Here's everything I plan on buying:

Pacesetter Long-Tube Headers
Flowmaster Merge Pipe Kit
Two Flowmaster Delta Force One-Chamber Race Mufflers
Two Exhaust Hangers
Reducer Cones

Let me know if there is anything I'm missing and if you'd like to give it a shot!
Thanks!
-Tyler
Old 05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned

Pm- SS Rally Red. He has a new shop and he has done countless jobs for the locals.

He da man!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks man! I just finished the PM.

A little off-topic, but you're pretty close to me...do you ever go to that Park-N-Ride thing that goes on every now and then on 20 next to Golden Corral and all that? Or are there any other get-togethers around here? I would love to see that engine bay of yours
Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the props Josh! And spazzyfry123 call me at the shop on Friday 770-978-8502 and we can set something up. Ken
Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Thanks man! I just finished the PM.

A little off-topic, but you're pretty close to me...do you ever go to that Park-N-Ride thing that goes on every now and then on 20 next to Golden Corral and all that? Or are there any other get-togethers around here? I would love to see that engine bay of yours
Yeah there is a dyno day set for the 20th of this month. (Saturday) I'll be there, and I was just @ the mountain cruise a couple weeks back.
I try to fit as much social stuff as possible with my schedule.

Hope to see ya 'round sometime in the reborn SS. ~Joshua

Here's a link to the dyno day if you're interested. http://southeastmusclecars.com/showthread.php?tid=1105
Old 05-10-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Thanks for the props Josh! And spazzyfry123 call me at the shop on Friday 770-978-8502 and we can set something up. Ken
All right man, I'll try and give you a call A.S.A.P. Is there any way you could give me a ball-park figure of what it would cost to do everything? That would be installing headers and welding all of that other stuff in. Also, where are you located? Thanks Ken!
-Tyler Olney
Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Yeah there is a dyno day set for the 20th of this month. (Saturday) I'll be there, and I was just @ the mountain cruise a couple weeks back.
I try to fit as much social stuff as possible with my schedule.

Hope to see ya 'round sometime in the reborn SS. ~Joshua

Here's a link to the dyno day if you're interested. http://southeastmusclecars.com/showthread.php?tid=1105
Ah...I wish I could go to the dyno thing. $40 sounds like too good to be true! I would most definitely go if I had my car, but it will still be in the shop around then. Maybe I'll just show up and watch everyone else. But damn...I'd love to throw down 40 bucks for that! Are they having any more of these any time soon?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Veteran

All right man, I'll try and give you a call A.S.A.P. Is there any way you could give me a ball-park figure of what it would cost to do everything? That would be installing headers and welding all of that other stuff in. Also, where are you located? Thanks Ken!
-Tyler Olney
We install most headers & catbacks etc for 250-300.00. The system you are planning is most likely on the 250.00 side of things Thanks Ken
Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

We install most headers & catbacks etc for 250-300.00. The system you are planning is most likely on the 250.00 side of things Thanks Ken
Good to hear man! I went by Summit Racing today to pick up my headers only to find out they screwed up my order (different story for a different time perhaps). Anyway, I should be getting the long-tubes in Monday, if not this Saturday. If you could, PM your location so I can get a general idea of how far away you are from me and all of that. I'm not sure of your times, so I won't call with me unable to call until later in the afternoon/evening.
Thanks!
-Tyler
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Tyler, they'll be doing those dyno days pretty often for that price... we should have a good turnout at this one.. you still gonna head up there? it was fun last time
Old 05-13-2006, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Tyler, there is going to be a cookout. I am not going to be dynoing but I am going to be up there helping Adam and Todd out with everything. You are welcome to come regardless
Old 05-13-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm...I will try to come then! It sounds like it should be pretty fun. Just don't bust my chops if I show up in a Ford or a Nissan (dad drives F-150 and mom drives 350Z). Hell, I'll see if my buddy Blake (he'll be tagging along with me for G10) wants to go and we'll come in his V6 Firebird
Old 05-13-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

All right, I just bought the Pacesetters and they "should" be here Tuesday or some crap (stupid Summit) I have also changed my mind and will be going with a different universal X-pipe kit that is cheaper, but the same idea. Also, instead of the Flowmasters, I have decided to go with the Dynomax Bullet race mufflers. This shouldn't change the price of installation (?). I am also curious where it is you are located. I'm all for helping out the community, but the Southern section covers quite a broad area I don't want to have to travel too far...
Old 05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

All right, I just bought the Pacesetters and they "should" be here Tuesday or some crap (stupid Summit) I have also changed my mind and will be going with a different universal X-pipe kit that is cheaper, but the same idea. Also, instead of the Flowmasters, I have decided to go with the Dynomax Bullet race mufflers. This shouldn't change the price of installation (?). I am also curious where it is you are located. I'm all for helping out the community, but the Southern section covers quite a broad area I don't want to have to travel too far...
If you are in Buford ,Then you know where Snellville is? Ken is near Target hwy 124.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nighttrain 1340
If you are in Buford ,Then you know where Snellville is? Ken is near Target hwy 124.
Ah...Thanks man! That's not far at all. I will try and give him a ring Monday to setup something. Hopefully I can get a certain date from Bill Heard when my car will be fixed
Old 05-20-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

I think I may try putting the headers on myself and have someone do the welding for the X-pipe since I don't weld. What tips do you have to get the car up high enough and safely to do the header install myself?
I would really like to go ahead and get the headers done today, so any help soon will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Tyler
Old 05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

No...?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

No...?
Bud like I told you on the phone the chances of you finding a muffler shop that will install your headers and weld it all up is like winning the lottery,cause they are looking at HUGE fines for working on a car with no cats, We can install the headers and clamp it all together but I dont have the type of welder to finish up the install I can give you some help on the welding but welcolm to the world of modified exhausts these days......

Quick Reply: Exhaust Installation Near Buford