Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off-Road Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 06:01 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Off-Road Pipes

I'm considering purchasing the Off Road Pipes that T Byrne offers along with the 02 Simms. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but is this a fairly easy install? I installed my Loud Mouth myself, so I'm up to the task if it's not too terribly hard.

This is the third time a cat has gone bad in three years. They're still under warranty (80,000 miles--I'm at 77K), so I could have them replaced for free if I so desire.

Also, the bad cat has already set the SES light off. After the ORPs and 02 Simms are installed, is there an easy way to get rid of the code besides unhooking the battery?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Scott
Old 12-17-2002, 06:07 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Default Re: Off-Road Pipes

The only thing that you might consider "hard" about the install would be that depending on the miliage and conditions you drive your car in, the studs that hold the stock cats to the manifolds might break when your try to remove them. That's about it.

I had Mufflex race pipes in place of my cats before I put a set of headers on. They offered a nice SOTP gain over the stock cats....