Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire weight question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire weight question.

Ok here is the deal i will need new front tires soon (currently 275's) and was wondering if i should get something along the lines of 245's for the front. Reason i would want to do this is to 1. save some weight with out going to a full skinny(this is a street car) and 2. cut down on the tramling sp? (you know the car riding in the groves of the road wanting to pull the stearing wheel out of your hands lol)... Question is would this be a good idea and what kind of weight difference is there between the 275's and 245's. Im thinking they might be 5-10 lbs lighter.. Just a reminder I WILL NEED TIRES SOON im not just buying tires to try and save weight so please dont tell me there are other weight saving mods to do for the money
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would save weight if you actually got a narower rim also. but changing the tire will make some difference
Old 05-20-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea im just thinking of the small things, no wheel changes as im broke. Im also taking off the front sway bar,removing the air system,relocating the battery as well as the windshield washer pump/tank and just figured that since my tires are shot my next pair should be something smaller for a little savings. Just not sure if a little savings in tire will kill the way my car rides...
Old 05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here you go!! https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/461725-how-much-slower-will-i-go.html