Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting new wires...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting new wires...

I have my new plugs to put in, but I"m gonna pull the taylors I got off ebay, and put some MSD's on... Just go with the regular ones... or the universal set for $30 more...? I dont really understand what the big difference, but I dont want to go the cheap route if i'm stepping over a dollar to save a dime.

What about the coil pacs MSD has... the blasters... is that for more extreme cars?

I'm trying to get rid of my gremlin thats in my car under certain RPMs some times... Car bogs down really bad, and then TAKES off after it gets through the hesitations...

Next on the chopping block is my battery.. it's about 3 years old, and it's not holding its charge very well after pulling it out of storage this winter... Thinking I'll skip the wallmart battery this time... = ) Is a battery a battery... or should I look into one of the Optima batteries...

THanks for your help/advice in advance.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the ones that are meant for the application. The crimp tool that comes with the universal set is such a pain in the *** to put wires together with. If you don't have the hand-held crimp then go with fitting ones. Plus the pre-made set fits nicely. they are hardly a foot long a piece.

No MSD coil packs unless you have money to blow. Your stockers will work just fine.

Optima red-top...no turning back.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems out of my regular MSD wires here. The coil packs haven't proven to be worth the money. They're mainly an appearance mod. I got my red top Optima almost two years ago and haven't looked back since. I'll be putting one on the Dodge as well when the stocker craps out on it.