Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for a Turbo tune in Norfolk, Va area.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for a Turbo tune in Norfolk, Va area.

I am new to the Norfolk, Va area and I have recently aquired a modified sts setup with a garrett t-70 and front mount, I just purchased 42lbm injectors, and fuel pump upgrade. Here is the problem I dont know of any one in the area that can tune my T/A. Can you guys recomend any one? How much will the tune cost? Also just out of curiosity how much boost can the stock bottom end take safely with a tune and my setup and what kind of power can I expect just so I will know if the tune is good when I am through. thanks.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Find the fastest STS cars in the area and see who tunes them
Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In VA norfolk

I dont know where you could get it tuned but I would like to know how to do some of the stuff that you have done to your car i have a 2002 z28. im new to the chevey but I have had some fast cars any way my email is cliff81@msn.com
Old 05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I only know of one sts car in this area.His screen name is whistler on www.tidewaterracing.com and he is also on www.easternfbody.com .Im not sure if hes on here or not.Get with him and he will be able to help ya.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i would help you but you would just end up selling the sts stuff to go conventional
Old 05-29-2006, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
I only know of one sts car in this area.His screen name is whistler on www.tidewaterracing.com and he is also on www.easternfbody.com .Im not sure if hes on here or not.Get with him and he will be able to help ya.
whistler = sagres on ls1tech
also reocamaro is from the 757 w/STS

they were both tuned by Jeff Creech @ Carolina Auto Masters. That's where my car lives
Old 05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish i was there....... one more week..............
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Look for KJMDrumz on here or EFA. Stock motor STS went 10.7 on first pass
Old 05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Hey preston hows those 42s I sold you. Well it was said who tuned me. Give me a call if you need anything. I got my new set up and sold my STS. And Ed better stop being a stranger come see me and Chris. Those all show and no go guys. Mighty mouse has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Have a nice new shiny front mount turbo system now. Just waiting on some more parts and it is done again. Jeff(CAM) is your best deal for your setup. Good luck preston call me or PM if you need anything.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sagres
Hey preston hows those 42s I sold you. Well it was said who tuned me. Give me a call if you need anything. I got my new set up and sold my STS. And Ed better stop being a stranger come see me and Chris. Those all show and no go guys. Mighty mouse has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Have a nice new shiny front mount turbo system now. Just waiting on some more parts and it is done again. Jeff(CAM) is your best deal for your setup. Good luck preston call me or PM if you need anything.

Just got my car back on the road again 2 weeks ago and finally got it to the track friday night.Going again Sat. morning.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Got som slicks for it yet. Or yiou just doing the old DR. I just picked up a 4l80E so I might be add somethings to my build but need to get ahold of Raven(Wish he would stop being a DC manwhore and move back to hampton). His car should be back from the paint shop soon. The hot pink TA. LOL! Good luck at the track
Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

still running dragradials but I went with BFGs this time and dam they hook up nice.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont waste your money with Jeff Creech @ CAM. Myself and many others have been screwed by him. I wouldnt let him tune a stock car much less a turbo car.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

i've heard and seen nothing but good from Jeff, another recomendation for him
Old 05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

I won't let anyone other than Jeff @ CAM touch my two cars. I don't think you will find anyone in the Tidewater area unhappy with his tuning abilities.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

DTP racing has done a few STS kits. They have a In house dyno to. Im looking to get them to put one from Texas Rear Turbo on my car when I get back from over seas.

They are off of greenbrier pkwy

http://dtpracing.com is the website. not sure if its working or not right now
Old 05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

PLEASE read some of these.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ghlight=creech
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ghlight=creech
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=creech
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20
Old 05-31-2006, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ABeasst, I'm not trying to discount your bad experience in any way, but..

...last summer as I debated and debated whether or not to leave my work for a shop to do I tirelessly searched the web for shop histories. With the exception of the tech thread and the one related to it on hpjunkies (which I saw laster in the year/early this one) that was about all of the beef I could find...

I'm not a leg-humper, and my project has had bumps, but he has been very straight-forward with me about everything. He ALWAYS responed to emails and phone calls and not in a hurried or short fashion. He tunes cars ALL DAY... he's at his shop until after 10pm on most days. They are REALLY busy. All GM. He's cut me slack and done some huge favors.

If I had to pick another shop to use again (I know, buy another damn house w/garage/shop already...) I would pick him again. He's been honest when he could have done otherwise without me knowing, even when it cost him money.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

DITTO. I agree
Originally Posted by Frost
ABeasst, I'm not trying to discount your bad experience in any way, but..

...last summer as I debated and debated whether or not to leave my work for a shop to do I tirelessly searched the web for shop histories. With the exception of the tech thread and the one related to it on hpjunkies (which I saw laster in the year/early this one) that was about all of the beef I could find...

I'm not a leg-humper, and my project has had bumps, but he has been very straight-forward with me about everything. He ALWAYS responed to emails and phone calls and not in a hurried or short fashion. He tunes cars ALL DAY... he's at his shop until after 10pm on most days. They are REALLY busy. All GM. He's cut me slack and done some huge favors.

If I had to pick another shop to use again (I know, buy another damn house w/garage/shop already...) I would pick him again. He's been honest when he could have done otherwise without me knowing, even when it cost him money.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Im with Abeast on the CAM thing, up in raleigh he isn't looked upon as a "stand up guy" with alot of them, and the tunes he has given a few of my buddies around here in Gville are not the best streetable tunes I have seen. We have sent a few cars to a shop called RPM in Garner, vettes and Ls1 Fbodies and so far nothing but praise for them. Good luck on whatever you decide!

Quick Reply: Looking for a Turbo tune in Norfolk, Va area.