Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about changing up my mods, tell me what you think.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking about changing up my mods, tell me what you think.

It's nothing special, just my daily driver.

My goal is low 11's (possible high 10's) street driven on M/T ET Streets. I won't reach that goal until early next year probably. I want to make some changes to the setup I have now in preperation for what's to come.

I'm going to paste a list of mods I want to do next, it's not all power-making mods and definately isn't everything I want to do... but it will get me going in the right direction. There's a reason in bold next to some of the items.

SLP Bowtie Camaro Grill // No grill currently.

Hawk Performance Pads // Have Powerslot rotors and my current Hawk's are getting to their tattle-tales.

LS1 F-Body Pace Setter Y-Pipe // Currently running Lane's 3" duals dumped at the axle. Want something a little quieter and more legal. Also something that will let me use an aftermarket torque arm without all the grief.

Random Tech 3.0" High Flow Cats (Generic)

Magnaflow LS1 F-Body Catback // Was going to go GMMG, still might.

Spohn Tunnel-Brace Mounted, Adjustable, Chrome Moly Torque Arm w/Front Loop and Spherical Rod End Mount

BMR Chrome moly "street/track" adjustable control arms

BMR Boxed Subframe Connectors // Currently have Spohn tubular subframes, want boxed ones.
Then after this round of mods, I'll start looking into the tubular K and A-Arm's, sway bars, coilovers with new shocks/struts, built rear-ends and all that fun stuff before adding more power (AFR 205's/MS3 or T-Rex/3800-4000 stall/Nitrous [To Be Determined].)

Currently running FAST 78mm, Shaner S3 TB, and a few other mods here and there... nothing special though as mentioned before. It's went a best of 12.82@109 on a 2.0 60', street tires and stock converter.

Post up what you think. This will be my, uh, 4th time to mod my car.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my car is a '98 Z28 A4 with 3.23's.