General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rear Defroster

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Defroster

Hey whats up everyone just a quick Question the other day i noticed that my rear defroster attachment that is on the window has fallen off and hanging there. I have this posted on Ls1.com with a pic if your wondering what i am talking about but i think all of us already know what i am refering to. Has this happened to anyone else before and if so how did you fix it.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

so i take it that this hasn't happened to anyone else ever
Old 06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hi jrocs. I just got my Z28 in december and it happened to me about a week after I got it. I assume you mean the metal part came un-soldered from the glass, at least that's what happened to me. It's a bitch to solder back on since it's attached to the underside of the glass and gravity is working against you. To fix it I was kneeling in the back seat with the hatch closed because it was freezing out at the time. It might be easier from the outside with the hatch open though. And if you can get a friend to hold it in place while you solder it would be a lot easier than by yourself like I did it.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info man appreciate it wasn't sure if i could solder it back on or not since it was attached to the glass didn't want to test it that way and risk cracking the glass but since this post i have heard a couple of fellow f-body guys around my have done it that way again thanks