LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help inside 93 z problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help inside 93 z problems

i am posting this for my brother to start off ill give u the whole reason we second guessed it:

we were cruising around in his 93 z full bolt-ons, 3200 stall, 3.73, lowered, rims etc.
an 05 or 06 stang gt rolls up and we catch the first red light we run them and u can hear his exhaust when he reved. we get atleast a car on him then he hits third and a split second after he hits third the car looked like it was gonna pull the wheels and he went up about a car and a half by 95.
w/ my uncle have the same car we knew somethin wasn't stock on that and we should have pulled harder out of the whole than that even with street tires.

so when we got home we hadn't ran our two cars since the stall was put in.

we ran them and found out it made a difference until about 60ish then didn't really do **** and might of even went backwards from 70 on.

the car has the original optispark and previously had nitrous on it and idk everything about it but i know the most part cause it is a local car.

the 98 z28 only has a lid and hypertech programmer should this be happening???
neither one of us think so and it seems like his car is running to rich or lean up top can't tell but it just doesn't seem right a WOT, any ideas and what cam to install in the car

revenge is wanted on the juicin stang need help
Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

so what exactly is your question??? i have a 93 TA and the torque outta the hole is going to be better than the GT but not anything real extravagant.... especially on street tires..
Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the stall is recent, did he have the car re-tuned for the stall? I really hope so. If you think the car is running rich or lean have it scanned and see what's going on.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

the question is y does it seem likes it boggin at WOT and what besides a tune do u suggest like what cam?? then a tune???

and the car has 74000 miles on the original opti spark and it has some rust on it??? going bad??
Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

is it bogging or does it almost feel like a misfire.... my opti is going and it does feel like its bogging you can just notice that all cylinders are getting full spark.. i would look into the new MSD opti if you can afford it...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

he was talkin about that or a coil over plug....
but he doesn't want to spend the money for a coil over

i think it needs a tune and he agreed with me somewhat but he said he first wants a cam before he spends the money on a tune
he was talkin about an lt4 or a cc306

does anyone else have any suggestions or number from different cams with full-bolt ons, shortie headers.
3.73 and a 3200 stall???

i know he would like a noticable sound to the cam cause its not a daily driver but it is driven about 3 to 4 times a week and he wants a street machine, not just high numbers but he is more interested in a much wider and more powerful curve.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

ttt

and everytime you punch the car the check engine light comes on and it says the left bank 02 sensor lean is what the computer is throwing????
any more ideas??
Old 06-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

TTT Help?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bandit_ad22
ttt

and everytime you punch the car the check engine light comes on and it says the left bank 02 sensor lean is what the computer is throwing????
any more ideas??
replace sensor? Just an idea from a non techie here
Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

something else that might help is visit speeddensity.org and see if us fellow SD owners could help you better. if your looking at a left bank lean you also might think about a fuel pump. from what it sounds like your looking at, ICM, OPTI, COIL, or FUEL PUMP its hard to tell, need a few more symptoms
Old 06-08-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

question... does he have LT's on the car???

if so on that SD car you need to convert the O2's to heated O2 sensors... thats where the problem lies..
Old 06-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

The car has slp mids, and a ory. the left bank o2 is new, andstill the same thing. We tried reseting the computer but it threw the code as soon as it was at wot. how would i go about installing a heated o2 if it comes down to it.

Now to the bog or missing question it just feels like it falls on its face. i am open to any ideas to me the lt1 is new grounds to me.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

the O2's are probably not getting hot enough.. i had to do this mod for my LT's, trust me it makes a huge difference.. it take time to do.. go to speeddensity.org and go the for sale section. fastbird is selling harnesses to install them new sensors.. talk to him and he will hook u up and put you in the right direction...

Quick Reply: help inside 93 z problems