Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with mail order tune

Ok from the top,car is 02 z/28 just install a f-13,slp underdrive pulley ported ls6 oil pump,ls2 timing chain,dual springs,retainers and seats.Also the car has hooker headers,hooker y-pipe,hooker catback,and a 3500ssf stall.Sending the pcm out to tsp for a tune.I dont know anything about tuning,what should I tell them I need done?thanks for any help
Old 06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Where are you located? The moon? If on planet earth try to find a reptuable local tuner. Not to knock TSP or mail order in general. With any mail order you tell them about your car- what year, mods, etc. you send in the computer...your car is down...you get the computer back...take it to a dyno...find out the new air/fuel...take it to the track...find out new et/mph...send the computer back w/ new info...they tweak...and so on, and so on. Do you get the point here? If you are very patient and this is not a vehicle you are depending upon and you are on the moon, ok...C'est la vie.
Otherwise if a reputable tuner/shop is within 100 miles then you might get quicker results. Just a thought. OR, spend all your time devouting yourself to a new religion / addiction called EFI tuning. It's not for everyone but, you did find LS1tech.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

I stay in MI,the car does not idle,I dont want to drive it like that if the car stalls I have no brakes,(over a month wait for w2w to tune.thanks for your help)
Old 06-12-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

As Doc said a mail order is not going to be as good as a dyno tune, but some people have head really good luck with them. As far as your question goes the more info you give them about your car the more they(tuner) has to work with. Give them the full specs of your cam, make a copy of the cam card and send that with your PCM. it would best to talk to them as they will tell you what info they need to know about your car
Old 06-12-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for your help.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

i have a pcmforless tune and it is horrible. I wish i wouldnt of wasted the money. go dyno tune and just be done with it!!