PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about hooking up a map sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about hooking up a map sensor?

I'm goiing to hook up a map sensor so I can log boost in HPT. My question is the regarding the power input of the map-does it have to be a 5 volt( such as the TPS connection) reference or any source of power feed from the system? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vortech
I'm goiing to hook up a map sensor so I can log boost in HPT. My question is the regarding the power input of the map-does it have to be a 5 volt( such as the TPS connection) reference or any source of power feed from the system? Thanks!
Maybe HPT does it differently then EFILive, but what are you trying to do? I wouldn't think you would have to do anything other then purchase the correct 2Bar map sensor, upgrade to a 2bar custom OS, make your aditional changes and follow their instructions.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to go 2 bar OS( not just yet-maybe next year)-just want to hook up a map to log boost when doing tuning/ie scans?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortech
I don't want to go 2 bar OS( not just yet-maybe next year)-just want to hook up a map to log boost when doing tuning/ie scans?
The things you need to find out would be:-
is the 2 bar map sensor compatible with the stock wiring loom?
what pressure is it reading at what voltage?

I would guess at half the range it will be reading what the 1 bar map would be reading at full range.
I would guess you would need to create a custom PID in HP tuners to convert this reading to meaningful reading therefore you will need to know what voltage means what.

May be a good idea to do a searxh on HP Tuners forum. I have seen threads on there to so wit 2 Bar MAP but perhaps they had a 2 bar OS.