Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent Pushrod Question???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bent Pushrod Question???

I checked all my pushrods when I puled them out and they were fine then rechecked them again before i put them back in... While I was torquin one of the rockers down (22ft/lbs) the rocker kept slipping off the valve stem finally after about my third attempt the rocker slid off the valve stem hard and made a poppping noise... I pulled the pushrod out and it was clearly bent!!!!!
1.Was the bent pushrod causing the rocker to slip???? Maybe it was bent slightly and all the retourqin just made it worse.

2.Or did the rocker slipping off the valve stem bend the pushrod??? and if so what could be causing the rocker to slipp that bad and how can i correct it...

They are the stock pushrods with comp 918 springs (I know stockers are not suggested with these springs but could this really be the casue of it bending just on a simple install and no run time???
Any help or insight would greatly be appreciated..
Thnx
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

I am running 918's with stock pushrods and have no problems.

Did you make sure the pushrod was in the lifter and not sitting on the edge of the lifter?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
I am running 918's with stock pushrods and have no problems.

Did you make sure the pushrod was in the lifter and not sitting on the edge of the lifter?
what kind of cam are you running and how many miles are on ur stock pushrods???
Yeah i did thanx for the responce though... it has to be something with the rocker pedastool though. i think i got it under control now
Old 06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im running 918s with stock pushrods on a 230/227 591/571...pulled them out the other day straight as can be