Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gears/Torque converter launch

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Retune for new Gears and torque converter and ET STREETS

Well i finally got my 3:73 gears and 3600 Stall converter installed. I drove it home today and it felt pretty good. I did a test run before i got home and it bounced it off the rev limiter in second and third. I will reprogram for the gears tonight with my Diablo. Is anybody familiar with this setup? What should i set my shift points at RPM/MPH and Rev limiter? I have stock internals still so i know i can't rev it too high. I'm going to the track on Friday with my new setup and hope i can hook up my MT ET Streets.

Last edited by ping2day; 06-28-2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: change title
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sure someone has had to tune for this setup! I will play around with it on Friday night at the track in time trials i guess. I just wanted to get close before i went out there. I also need to retune for my Drag tires also MT ET STREET 26X11.5X15 and the 3:73 gears. Do i need to compensate for the torque converter also with the RPM shift points?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:24 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ping2day
I'm sure someone has had to tune for this setup! I will play around with it on Friday night at the track in time trials i guess. I just wanted to get close before i went out there. I also need to retune for my Drag tires also MT ET STREET 26X11.5X15 and the 3:73 gears. Do i need to compensate for the torque converter also with the RPM shift points?
I don't know how the Diablo thing works, but if you have a choice of WOT shifting by RPM or MPH, use RPM. If you change converters, the RPM can be much different at a given MPH. You would then have to go through all that again. Use RPM, and it will shift at the same RPM with any converter. I set the WOT upshift MPH one MPH higher than the WOT down shift MPH, and set the RPM where you need it. Most LS1 cars will shift within 100 to 200 RPM of the value in the calibration file. Depends on line pressure and the vehicle's acceleration rate.

Good luck, Ed
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, yes the Diablo sport allows you to tune the MPH and RPM shift points. I read that most people zero out the MPH and just use the RPM to shift with. I will try this Friday night. I think i have my Rev LImiter set at 6300, and the sift point at 6200.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Well i ran Friday night. My first and only time trial due to rain i ran a 8.3 first launching too high around 3000 and hitting the rev limiter. I lowered the shift points to 6100 and launched around 2000 and ran a best 8.1 with a 1.75 60ft time.