Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT question about 3 bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT question about 3 bar

When adding 1bar, 2bar, or 3bar, is it locked per VIN or not? The reason I ask is that I loaded my OS and VIN on my buddies car cause since his was an 00 OS. Since then he has added 3bar to his, well actually a tuner shop did. Now I want to upgrade to MPV Pro and add 3bar so that we can edit his tune. I just want to make sure that its not goin screw up anything towards my car for future needs since he already had 3bar against my VIN on my car. I was originally thinking that it would be best for him to flash his original OS and VIN back on his car so that they could add 3bar to his OS and VIN but they recommended leaving my VIN and OS since it was a 02 OS and VIN.

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my head is spinning honestly this sounds like something you might want to email support about because I have no clue.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:44 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Liscenses are done 2 ways...
1) Full support
2) Single vin Support

with your HPT you have the option to get a full liscense or just liscense a single vehicle

so basically if you want you can just spend the money for a single vin liscense to be able toedit the 3bar file or you can buy the full 2/3 bar liscense and be abel to do all 2/3 bar setups...

you will also need a liscense either for the single vehicle or for the full support of that vehicle year and model

the 1/2/3 bar custom os's are OS locked..meaning that somebody will have to have a 1/2/3 bar liscense to edit it

as long as you have a liscense for the vehicle you are trying to edit and for the OS thats in it you should be fine...

minimum damage.. 2 credits for the car 2 credits for the 3 bar for that car.. = 4 total credits
maximum damage...full support liscence 6 credits + unlimited 3 bar 20 credits.. = 26 credits..but I personally would do the minimum in your case..LOL
Old 06-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Soundengineer--- thats exactly what I planned on doing, upgrading, get my 8 credits, then do what we need to get 3bar and support for our model years and hope were good to go.

thanks
Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

upgrading doesnt get you 8 credits...buying a new unit does...
so if you haev a serial unit and you are upgrading you will still have to purchase credits
Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Well I guess I need to email Keith@HPT and see what all I will get.

Thanks
Dave