Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported my TB: see pics (I Hope)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported my TB: see pics (I Hope)

I only trust myself to do my mods... Yea Right! I am just too poor to pay somebody.... Anway I got a wild hair last night and worked on TB for way too long. I hope pics come up I am still trying to figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails Ported my TB: see pics (I Hope)-tubing_tb.jpg   Ported my TB: see pics (I Hope)-tb_fill-.jpg   Ported my TB: see pics (I Hope)-tb_p-p.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 12:17 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I thought it was going to be haggard when I clicked the first pic!

Looks like you did a good job!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Banned

Looks good .. ! how long did it take you ?
Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

It took about 5 hrs total, but I had a lot of other things going on around me. Once I found the correct tool of choice things went pretty quick. Pencil Grinder

Blade= 90 degree dremal with flat circle sandpaper. Hold in hand not in vice to get a good feel of were you are on edge. Making a mistake here would be easy. You want a circle with a blade edge on both sides not a oval that has air gap.
TB= electric pencil grinder with 3" flapper wheel sand paper. Must put TB in a vice or you can not lean on it and smoothly run it in and out from center to outer edge. Put TB in vice sideways (and rotate as needed) so you can look at back side. This makes it easy to see mark you started with around blade & center bar.
TB center bar= cut the unthreaded side off with a dremal with flat cutting wheel.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Default ???

I am hoping for some feedback on my TB job.. My car is running lean after I did this porting. Did anybody else do this and experiance any problems? I did reset my computer 40miles ago due to other unrelated issues, So maybe that explains why my car sounds like it has a cam. Damb sound makes me want a cam so bad I hurt! Anybody got a cheep one and want to install it for me? Oh yea, I did not go past the Throttle blade at zero position. Anyway take a look and see if I made a cardnal sin faw please.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Looks very good. I did mine also in about 2.5 hours, thought it was going to take longer.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks good, just make sure you have that blade sitting in there correctly so its not sticking
Old 07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good, nice job.