Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F'ng Corsa Muffler Rusted Apart!!! WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F'ng Corsa Muffler Rusted Apart!!! WTF!!!

I'm so pi$$ed right now. I went over a rough set of tracks today and my exhaust immediately got louder. I got home and looked underneath and right where the intermediate pipe enters the muffler is rusted loose. WTF???!!!! I thought the entire system was stainless steel and not supposed to rust? That's why I paid a premium for their product, so I wouldn't have a problem like this ever. Now I'm most likely going to have to get a totally different exhaust setup.

Anyone else have this problem or have any luck contacting Corsa for warranty claims? Before anyone asks, no, I don't have the receipt, it's been on the car for 4 years....
Old 07-09-2006, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

corsa=
Old 07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

for that expensive of a muffler, i thought it was suppost to last a longer *** time than 4 years.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Corsas have started to get a reputation for rusting apart at the welds and at the edges of the muffler. I wouldn't invest my money in one of their systems unless I was absolutely in love with the sound of their mufflers (which don't even flow all that well).

If your system was new, try calling them up and see if they'll send you a new one.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

I cancelled an order for a Corsa 3.5 system last week after reading negative old posts about Corsa from this year! From what they want for their system they should be top notch!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corsa, Borla = over priced, over hyped
Old 07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats horrible for a system that costs so much. A flowmaster catback was on my SS for over 4 years and seemed to be in good shape when we took it off and installed it on my buddys f-body. If only it flowed well..
I now have a hooker and dont expect it to rust through after only 4 years.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^yup

my flowmaster on my V6 was nearly 3 years old and minus a little rust around the welds, it held up like a champ. no rattling, tips still shiney and chromed...it even sounded decent for a V6 and it was a spectacular price ($260 shipped ).

if only they flowed well, like mentioned above, they'd be a steal. it really is a quality system. too bad the muffer was so poorly designed for flow.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe they have a lifetime warranty, I'd call them.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Lets see... on one hand you have an exhaust company that makes as many marine systems as they do auto systems (which cant happen if the parts rust), that supplies a LIFETIME warranty for if problems like you are discribing come along, is world renowned for their products in the aftermarket, and makes almost every part out of STAINLESS STEEL to eliminate rust.

On the other hand you have the end user, who's only part in the whole deal is to install the product and hold on to a single piece of paper and with one phone call could have this problem solved.

Yet you come on here and bash a company that said it would replace ANY problem like this for as long as you own your car like this problem is their fault. EVERY company that makes exhaust products is going to have some problems, nobody ever said that Corsa was the "ulimate" exhaust with NO problems. They are mass produced just like any other brand, there WILL be problems.

Part of what you paid the big $$$ for was the LIFETIME WARRANTY, if you were not goinig to keep the receipt then why spend the extra money in the first place.

Call Jim Browning @ Corsa and see what he can do for you. Sorry to hear you had this problem, I hope mine doesnt do the same. (Although I kept my receipt.)

Last edited by XtinctZ28; 07-10-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got a Corsa Exhaust for my Tahoe. Bought it at the Chevy dealership and they installed. Price for the exhaust and installation was same price as our sponsors including shipping. Exhaust started to rattle after 4 yours. Took it in and dealership is replacing parts under warranty. Like stated above you pay more for the warranty. Plus, since I purchased from the dealership they have all the paperwork to prove the warranty. Got to love the "Lifetime Warranty".
Old 07-10-2006, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Lets see... on one hand you have an exhaust company that makes as many marine systems as they do auto systems (which cant happen if the parts rust), that supplies a LIFETIME warranty for if problems like you are discribing come along, is world renowned for their products in the aftermarket, and makes almost every part out of STAINLESS STEEL to eliminate rust.

On the other hand you have the end user, who's only part in the whole deal is to install the product and hold on to a single piece of paper and with one phone call could have this problem solved.

Yet you come on here and bash a company that said it would replace ANY problem like this for as long as you own your car like this problem is their fault.

Part of what you paid the big $$$ for was the LIFETIME WARRANTY, if you were not goinig to keep the receipt then why spend the extra money in the first place.

Call Jim Browning @ Corsa and see what he can do for you. Sorry to hear you had this problem, I hope mine doesnt do the same. (Although I kept my receipt.)
Ditto..
You have to realize that there is no such thing as stainless welds.
I'm going to take another shot in the dark here... has the car ever spent time sitting over moist areas like GRASS? It doesn't take a long time of parking on grass to make your whole undercar rust away to nothing.

How about paying a welder 30 bucks to fix it? The stainless pipes are still fine... it's just the welds that rust. You could rustoleum the other welds too. Take a deep breath.

Last edited by kenkaru; 07-10-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do a search guys. Corsa has had problems for YEARS. Buddy of mine had one on his nice weather driver (rarely saw rain). Within MONTHS his muffler had fallen apart internally (good luck rewelding that!) and was rattling away.

He replaced it with a Hooker and has had no problems. Corsa looks good, but their name does not mean quality.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kenkaru
Ditto..
You have to realize that there is no such thing as stainless welds.
I'm going to take another shot in the dark here... has the car ever spent time sitting over moist areas like GRASS? It doesn't take a long time of parking on grass to make your whole undercar rust away to nothing.

How about paying a welder 30 bucks to fix it? The stainless pipes are still fine... it's just the welds that rust. You could rustoleum the other welds too. Take a deep breath.
Where so do you get the information that there is no such thing as stainless welds? Stainless is welded together with a stainless rod. I work in the oil and gas industry and all the stainless we weld is done with either a 308 or 316 s.s. rod and none of our welds rust. And some of them are exposed to temperatures you can't even imagine.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Where so do you get the information that there is no such thing as stainless welds? Stainless is welded together with a stainless rod. I work in the oil and gas industry and all the stainless we weld is done with either a 308 or 316 s.s. rod and none of our welds rust. And some of them are exposed to temperatures you can't even imagine.
I second that I have tig welded stainless many times there are actual stainless rods as well as stainless wire for mig machines, you just have to go somewhere to have it welded that had the stuff and can weld it.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Find the recipt, and they will fix it free, including shipping both ways.

They took care of me great.

Ryan
Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cb94ta
I second that I have tig welded stainless many times there are actual stainless rods as well as stainless wire for mig machines, you just have to go somewhere to have it welded that had the stuff and can weld it.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slow

They took care of me great.

Ryan
I highly doubt I'll find the receipt. I've moved twice since then. Regardless of a receipt or not, I'll bash if I want to bash. Let's see someone from Corsa get on here and defend their lifetime warranty. I will call tomorrow and see what sort of respons I get and let everyone know.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How would someone from Corsa even know about this thread? This is like going into the middle of woods and complaining about your exhaust and then wondering why Corsa isn't responding.
That's good you're calling tomorrow. In that case, you should have posted this thread on Wednesday.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slow
Ryan
All he has to do is contact the vendor where he purchased it and ask for a copy of the original invoice.

If he bought it new he won't have any problem.

Quick Reply: F'ng Corsa Muffler Rusted Apart!!! WTF!!!