Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 install...Block off's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 install...Block off's?

Possibly going to do the ls6 intake install today. I've heard you can get the required plugs/block off plates for the !EGR at something like VIP or Autozone? What should I look for? Thanks!

Also, has anyone ever attempted to remove the EGR fitting from the LS1 and mount it to the LS6? I've never seen or heard of this but thought of the idea a few days ago.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get the plug at a parts store. Check out the AIR/EGR FAQ for a pic and description of it. The block off plate you'll need to either make or buy. Kooks sells them as does Speed Inc. They are both sponsors. --->

SLP sells an LS6 intake manifold with an EGR fitting, but I'd scrap it and go with a non-EGR intake.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for the tips.

The reason I ask about mounting the EGR to the LS6 is because I already have one without the EGR fitting which I plan on installing on my 2000. Therefore, trying to make my car as street legal as possible due to a move in the near future. I'd rather not end up somewhere 2000 miles from home with no cash and an illegal car.

I guess I'll just deal with EGR block off's and an SES light for a little while.

Rick M.