Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CPT rant.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My CPT rant.

Some of you may know of the shop CPT. Here is my experience with them.

In April, I sent my Transmisson off to a CPT. I was told, it would take a week, week and a half to get my transmission done. I was told I would get a call when it arrived, 3 days after it arrived, I call them, and am told it will be 2-3 weeks till he can get started on the tranny due to problems he has been having with his shop, but he will call me in a week. 3 weeks go buy, I make 3 or 4 attempts to contact him in this time, he finnaly calls me and tells me that his shop is out of business due to soe problems he has been having, and he will send it back to me for free, but with nothing done to it. I was told he would contact me within a week about shipping it back. It took him almost a full month to get back to me about it, till Finally I had to threaten to call the POLICE to get my transmission back.

FINNALY, 3 days after I threatened to call the police (I gave him MORE) time. I Finnally receive my transmission, undone, over 2 months later. I never received a refund for my shipping expensies (He did pay one way of shipping).

I let it go. I truelly am a calm and reasonable man. Due to the fact that HE told me CPT was NO MORE, I decide to let him save some face, and wouldn't bring it up on the message boards. I make a post, located http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457072 asking about what my options are for a transmission, now that I finally have my transmission in my possesion.

In this post, he not only LIES to me, and the forum, but he labels me as a liar, saying "My request" was the reason he sent it back. Never acknowledging that he told me that CPT was no more, and that was the REAL reason he sent it back to me. Yes I did want the transmission back, but I was MORE than patient to get it back.

I let this go too, until I noticed he was back talking up his business like nothing happened.

Did his company go under for a breif 30 minute period, then all of a sudden spring back to life? I want to know why he lied to me, and labeled me as the bad guy.

I was extremely calm through all of this, but seeing him doing business as if nothing happened, makes me feel like he told me this JUST to get me out of his hair.

Needless to say, I will never support CPT in anyway, or curb how I feel just because so many people hold cpt in such high regards.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

im sorry to hear of your circumstances. i guess i'm lucky enough to say that I havent had any issues with my Pro-Race CPT transmission so far. Frank has been a stand up guy from all the dealings i've had through him. I know he had some issues getting his shop moved from the old location due to his landlord. Ed, Black02-Z28 (Ed) and 1Bad98LS1(Sam) both have the same trans from Frank and had issues initially, not that it was Franks fault but Frank has fixed many multiple times. Just recently Ed had a broken trans again when he went on the spray and he cannot contact Frank now either. I havent heard anything about the closing either. i know off hand it was very difficult for me to contact Frank even when he was (so you say, "still in business"). Frank works for a trans shop and does all his own work in the evenings and weekends. I took my core to him and he told me he would have it done in a week. Later that week in contact with him he said it would be another week because he needed to order me an input drum and a reverse housing. no biggie, I decided for him to do some more hardened upgrades while i waited. The second week he promised me it would be done for my 3.5 hour drive back up to maryland. When i called Sat morning he said he wasnt quite done with the trans but he would do all he could to have it done for when i arrived. Surely enough he had it done for me and ready to go. I installed the trans and thought it was shifting way too hard so i kept in-touch with him and Frank even called me initially to see how it was holding up at the track. Frank cares about his work and his customers and if his business has fallen through then I'm assuming it's because of reasons out of his control. I'm sorry about your luck man.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Just so everyone knows the whole story about what a shyster Sean Mastel is, here's a link.http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...=1#post3982502 AFTER I sent his transmission back to him (undone), he tried to sell it on the CZ messege board as a "good working transmission". If worked that good,m why did he ship it from North Dakota to Md. for me to build it?

By the way...Yes, you are a liar!!!! You never had to, or never did threaten to call the police.

Frank
CPT

Last edited by 12SCNDZ; 07-18-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28
im sorry to hear of your circumstances. i guess i'm lucky enough to say that I havent had any issues with my Pro-Race CPT transmission so far. Frank has been a stand up guy from all the dealings i've had through him. I know he had some issues getting his shop moved from the old location due to his landlord. Ed, Black02-Z28 (Ed) and 1Bad98LS1(Sam) both have the same trans from Frank and had issues initially, not that it was Franks fault but Frank has fixed many multiple times. Just recently Ed had a broken trans again when he went on the spray and he cannot contact Frank now either. I havent heard anything about the closing either. i know off hand it was very difficult for me to contact Frank even when he was (so you say, "still in business"). Frank works for a trans shop and does all his own work in the evenings and weekends. I took my core to him and he told me he would have it done in a week. Later that week in contact with him he said it would be another week because he needed to order me an input drum and a reverse housing. no biggie, I decided for him to do some more hardened upgrades while i waited. The second week he promised me it would be done for my 3.5 hour drive back up to maryland. When i called Sat morning he said he wasnt quite done with the trans but he would do all he could to have it done for when i arrived. Surely enough he had it done for me and ready to go. I installed the trans and thought it was shifting way too hard so i kept in-touch with him and Frank even called me initially to see how it was holding up at the track. Frank cares about his work and his customers and if his business has fallen through then I'm assuming it's because of reasons out of his control. I'm sorry about your luck man.
We're back up and running now...as of 2 days ago. I've talked to Ed about his, and I'm going to have him bring it up. It sounds like the input sprag. I'm going to pull money out of my own pocket to put a mechanical diode sprag in his.
Thanks for the support. We are very big on customer satisfaction. This yo yo was just an unexpected problem, which I had no control over. I posted on CZ about us moving and being closed for a while. I didn't get to all the other boards because we're not supporting vendors here.

Frank
CPT
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 12SCNDZ
We're back up and running now...as of 2 days ago. I've talked to Ed about his, and I'm going to have him bring it up. It sounds like the input sprag. I'm going to pull money out of my own pocket to put a mechanical diode sprag in his.
Thanks for the support. We are very big on customer satisfaction. This yo yo was just an unexpected problem, which I had no control over. I posted on CZ about us moving and being closed for a while. I didn't get to all the other boards because we're not supporting vendors here.

Frank
CPT
Frank, i will be calling you soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on another note i have a cpt race tranny and im nothing other than satisfied...mine was done about 7 months ago and its beet great..doesnt shift too hard and i daily drive it and the real test ... my gf even doesnt mind it...haha 10k strong and ive never had better customer support/help ect when it comes to my tranny
Old 07-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1BAD98LS1
Frank, i will be calling you soon.
Yup, give me a call whevever you get a chance.

Frank
Old 07-19-2006, 06:31 AM
10 Second Club

Yup, give me a call whevever you get a chance.

Frank
Old 07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Just so everyone knows the whole story about what a shyster Sean Mastel is, here's a link.http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...=1#post3982502 AFTER I sent his transmission back to him (undone), he tried to sell it on the CZ messege board as a "good working transmission". If worked that good,m why did he ship it from North Dakota to Md. for me to build it?

By the way...Yes, you are a liar!!!! You never had to, or never did threaten to call the police.

Frank
CPT
I can't beleive you used my name. How low can you go.

And yes, I DID indeed threaten to call the police. MAYBE IF YOU WOULD CHECK YOUR MESSAGES, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT!

ALSO, MY Transmission works just FINE! THE ONLY REASON I SENT IT TO YOU was preventive maintanence. I knew the transmission would blow IF I put the kind of power I wanted to through it, something YOU should have known if you paid attention to my call. Now, not only have you LIED to me, and the general public, labeled me as liar, you compromised MY sale of a perfectly good transmission. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! In all my years of being in customer service, I can't beleive a person like you is still in business.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Sean,
You're trying to sell broken stuff. Remember, you started this. You whine about me compimising your sale of a junk transmission, but you're comprimising my reputation due to something I had no control over! The old saying goes..."You drew first blood". If you hadn't came out publicly and slammed me, I would have never made light of the fact that you're trying to sell a broken transmission. I saw your post trying to sell the broken transmission a few weeks ago, but I didn't say anything then...until...you messed with the wrong person.
From now on, Sean, I'd suggest you THINK before you start running your mouth, or posting things.

Frank
CPT
Old 07-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Sean,
You're trying to sell broken stuff. Remember, you started this. You whine about me compimising your sale of a junk transmission, but you're comprimising my reputation due to something I had no control over! The old saying goes..."You drew first blood". If you hadn't came out publicly and slammed me, I would have never made light of the fact that you're trying to sell a broken transmission. I saw your post trying to sell the broken transmission a few weeks ago, but I didn't say anything then...until...you messed with the wrong person.
From now on, Sean, I'd suggest you THINK before you start running your mouth, or posting things.

Frank
CPT
How can you STILL say I am trying to sell a junk transmission? Do you know remember the conversation we had one the phone? My Transmission is in perfect working order. You know the only reason I sent it to you was preventive maintanence. How the hell do you know it is a junk transmission?You may say I drew first blood, but at the same time, I have the right to share my bad experiences with companies. And, yes, you would have to admit, this was a very bad experience. I know what it is like to have/run a company, having marital problems or not, you did not handle ANY of this perfessionally, and you still aren't.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Also, I have other members that can verify that there is nothing wrong with the tranny. You don't know anything about it, you never even opened it when I sent it to you.

Honestly, I don't know how you could beleive any of these actions would be good for your business. If I saw a business owner acting this way, I would be less likely to do business with you because of the childish way you are acting as apposed to the bad service you gave me. How can you expect to maintain a good business rep with such immature actions. Using my full name, lying about my transmission, saying I'm a bad seller (Libel). I'm not trying to be mean to you, I am serious.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94NDTA
Also, I have other members that can verify that there is nothing wrong with the tranny. You don't know anything about it, you never even opened it when I sent it to you.

Honestly, I don't know how you could beleive any of these actions would be good for your business. If I saw a business owner acting this way, I would be less likely to do business with you because of the childish way you are acting as apposed to the bad service you gave me. How can you expect to maintain a good business rep with such immature actions. Using my full name, lying about my transmission, saying I'm a bad seller (Libel). I'm not trying to be mean to you, I am serious.

i am gonna have to back 94NDTA up and say that....since i have read this post from the beginning...there is no way in hell i would give this CPT business a chance to touch anything of mine. To be honest, no matter what really happened....this CPT guy is acting like a jackass and would never get business from me. I have always hated businesses/shops that handle things like a child. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER and keeping them happy. More places nowadays just dont give a **** any more. This is just my 2 cents.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

"I'm going to pull money out of my own pocket to put a mechanical diode sprag in his."=POS sprag. IMO I've seen alot of bad things with these sprags and would never touch one. .02cents
Old 07-19-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

I was about to type a response in defense to CPT, but then I remembered there are technically two different CPTs. one is the one you guys are pissed at, and another is one that is specifically tailored to B-body owners, and that shop owner is a stand up guy.

IIRC there was a debate not to long ago about using the vacuum modulator and Frank from CPT came to the b-body site, discussing it. To say the least he was not very customer friendly....
Old 07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Banned

i think the reason cpt (frank) is so mad is bc he almost lost his fiance...his job/business and everything all at the same time...he was struggling to keep up with stuff and then as soon as he gets everything going again some1 has to bring up some crap that he couldent really do much about...now he could had said pay shipping to me and ill give you your tranny back...but he did it outa his pocket...as he also did for me for NO REASON...or he could have just let this all go and let this guy rant but it could ruin his business ect. he has to come back and stand up for himself, he just barely got back on the road to sucess again. frank built my tranny 8 months ago and still sends me pm every once in a while telling us(me and his customers) about his new upgrades, new services and just to ask how the tranny is doing...
Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Second Club

regardless of his attitude.. he's very confident in his product's, and will stand behind them even if the reason they had issue is due to a customer's idiocy.. Not once.. But Twice!!.. If he come's across arrogant, or like a *******.. that's fine too.. As half the time folk's are attacking him for what he know's/believes in.. You say the customer is right all the time.. But those on his *** about **** aren't even paying customer's.. They're just folk's w/ .02.. I've never dealt w/ frank for trannies prior to setting up my buddy w/ one.. and then my other buddy got one as well.. Both are probably 2 of the hardest hitting bolt on car's in VA and possibly the east coast.. Cut bottom 1.5's all day long and then beat the snot outta the trannies on the street.. If it need's a freshing up every year or even hard part's that take a dump.. You can't help that.. **** happens. This is drag racing, **** is gonna break... but everytime frank has offered to fix it. no question's..
I'm glad to hear frank is back on his feet, his personal life is straightened out.. and hopefully he'll be kicking out some more trannies..
Old 07-20-2006, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

BTW Frank, We are still waiting to see some of the 9 and low 10 sec 4L60's that you can build. Havent seen one yet, much less, one that would last a full season of racing

Old 07-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by daniel6718
i think the reason cpt (frank) is so mad is bc he almost lost his fiance...his job/business and everything all at the same time...he was struggling to keep up with stuff and then as soon as he gets everything going again some1 has to bring up some crap that he couldent really do much about...now he could had said pay shipping to me and ill give you your tranny back...but he did it outa his pocket...as he also did for me for NO REASON...or he could have just let this all go and let this guy rant but it could ruin his business ect. he has to come back and stand up for himself, he just barely got back on the road to sucess again. frank built my tranny 8 months ago and still sends me pm every once in a while telling us(me and his customers) about his new upgrades, new services and just to ask how the tranny is doing...
I understand him defending myself, but he flat out told me he wasn't doing transmissions for CPT anymore, and endless waiting fallowed, only for me to find out he was indeed doing transmissions. Wouldn't that upset you? If a company told you that they were out of business, costed you money, made you wait half the sumer for an undone transmission, JUST to get you out of the shops hair?

So you are telling me if you had an awefull experience with a company/shop, you would not let other people related to the business know about it? I guess it is ok to talk people up, but it is taboo to say if you had a bad experience.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
regardless of his attitude.. he's very confident in his product's, and will stand behind them even if the reason they had issue is due to a customer's idiocy.. Not once.. But Twice!!.. If he come's across arrogant, or like a *******.. that's fine too.. As half the time folk's are attacking him for what he know's/believes in.. You say the customer is right all the time.. But those on his *** about **** aren't even paying customer's.. They're just folk's w/ .02.. I've never dealt w/ frank for trannies prior to setting up my buddy w/ one.. and then my other buddy got one as well.. Both are probably 2 of the hardest hitting bolt on car's in VA and possibly the east coast.. Cut bottom 1.5's all day long and then beat the snot outta the trannies on the street.. If it need's a freshing up every year or even hard part's that take a dump.. You can't help that.. **** happens. This is drag racing, **** is gonna break... but everytime frank has offered to fix it. no question's..
I'm glad to hear frank is back on his feet, his personal life is straightened out.. and hopefully he'll be kicking out some more trannies..
x2

Quick Reply: My CPT rant.