Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Marko of Hi-Flo on NBC news special report (aired last night in Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marko of Hi-Flo on NBC news special report (aired last night in Chicago)

http://www.nbc5.com/video/9533817/index.html
Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 AM
NKAWTG...N

Just saw that. When was it filmed, out of curiosity, like when did he have the interview?

And ya I hate the double standard, street racing is this big evil underground innocent people killer...so what the **** are they doing about drunk drivers? Who kill about 100 times more people a month. Ah I don't wanna turn this is into a rant...but it just pisses me off.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Just saw that. When was it filmed, out of curiosity, like when did he have the interview?

And ya I hate the double standard, street racing is this big evil underground innocent people killer...so what the **** are they doing about drunk drivers? Who kill about 100 times more people a month. Ah I don't wanna turn this is into a rant...but it just pisses me off.
i feel the same thing, id much rather have a street race going down the road than a pair of people shooting for DUI's
Old 07-19-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stuff like that pisses me off. I understand what message they are trying to communicate, but (as you could see from the footage) most of the crashes where not your typical street racer, they where nearly stock imports with retarded drivers. Like marko said, the only people we are putting at risk is ourselves.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

the races here go completely undetected. reason being... noone races anywhere near a town, city or whatever. drunk drivers here kill more people than anything else. hell the other day a guy ran 2 people off the road and killed them. they are saying it was a case of roadrage... its usually the stupid "ricer" who ends up wrecking and taking others with them. was talkin to a guy saturday night who admitted to driving drunk and attempting to take a turn at 100mph in his accord. rolled it plenty and managed to get out alive. its always the drunk driver who lives.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

The accidents here in ATL that have happpend were not even about street racing that was on the news. It just happend to be a couple of high school kids in the parents cars like an f-150, chevrolet cavaleir something stupid like that and the cops say it was street racing and there is a ton of people doing it and its killing everyone. I agree about the drunk driver,the METH dealer target those people instead of some guy who is going 10MPH of the speed limit ,or revs another car, or has loud exhaust ,or window tint. Okay my rant is over street racing is fine as long as it is done away from people ,and nobody even new about it until it was put on a DVD and that was made 3 years ago ,and they just now found out about it. That tells you how many people actually get hurt at it.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
Okay my rant is over street racing is fine as long as it is done away from people ,and nobody even new about it until it was put on a DVD and that was made 3 years ago ,and they just now found out about it. That tells you how many people actually get hurt at it.
That's a really good point.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Also, does anyone know how you get the scandlous racing video? Can I rent it at a movie place, or download the it somewhere? I would like to see it...
Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

He does have a good point, a very small fraction of so called street racers are doing it safely and in a organized manner where people won't get hurt, there are lots of random speed contents and thats where lots of accidents happen.

When we street race up here I usually just watch when there are big crouds of 50-100 people, too much chance for someone to step out in front of me or to get sideways next to spectators with a drag car on the streets
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

here is the link:

http://www.scandalousracing.com/

it doesnt matter if your "rice" or not. anyone who cannot drive there car or handle the power that the car makes shouldnt be racing on the street. im more worried about the 16 year old with dads SS with 300hp on the highway than i am of same aged kid with a 140hp integra.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jamesSS
here is the link:

it doesnt matter if your "rice" or not. anyone who cannot drive there car or handle the power that the car makes shouldnt be racing on the street. im more worried about the 16 year old with dads SS with 300hp on the highway than i am of same aged kid with a 140hp integra.
So, i guess you can only buy it online? It's not found anywhere else?

Has anyone seen it?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Don't really have a prob. w/ street racing as long as it's done in an organized, safe (or as close to it as possible), and respectful manner. I always take others safety into consideration. i don't think its really too much to ask for others to do the same in return.

Scandalous racing- Good *** video. Used to have it, but i let someone borrow it and he lost it.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamesSS
here is the link:

Let me ask you a question why does a 16 yr old driving an SS make it dads car. Some like me work their butt off to get what they have and you generalize someone. Also just cause their 16 dont mean they cant handle a weak 300 hp. My chevelle had a 500 hp built big block and it was absolutly funny watching older people trying to drive that loped up thing. The what the heck look when they killed it was priceless. Im just saying lets stop generalizing people into a group based on age.

BTW I'm 17. (just clearing things up)
Old 07-20-2006, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

He's saying "with dad's car", not with their own car that they work for, paid for, and drive regularly enough to be able to control.

The whole idea of driving your parents' fast car is that you're young, stupid and rich, which is not your situation.

BTW, what was your best time/mph at the strip in said Chevelle?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

I know he wasnt talking about me it just strikes me wrong cause I got that all the time in the chevelle from people dad let ya drive his car yadda yadda.

I dont have a 1/4 mile track anywhere close and the nearest 1/8 mile track is a good 30-35 minutes away drivin 75. SO at 55 in the chevelle you look at 45 minutes or so. At 55 the chevelle was at 3300 rpms. I didnt keep the car long becasue it was my DD (i know) and it got 5 mpg and got too expensive to drive which is why a got my LS1

Before you say how do know it had power like that then well for one on the 235-60-15 rollin 45-50 mph lighting them up was childs play. Plus the guy that built the motor had a 1/8 drag car in the 6's. I had a LS6 454 breather that said 450 horsepower and he was at the house when I put it on and he looked at me and said "450 its got more in it than that" I just laughed. Trust me the car was much faster than the LS1. The bad thing is it spun alot.

454 truck block 30 over.
square port heads port and polished (900 a peice)
all forged internals (9.5 compression)
compcams 574 and 578 lift cam
Full Roller rockers and lifters
RPM Air Gap Intake
Edelbrock Carb (cause its more street friendly)
Hooker Headers
I know I'm missing stuff
Was gonna spray it if I kept it but I didnt
Old 07-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

I think I have pics of the Chevelle I just dont know how to put them up yet
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 AM
On The Tree

Sounds nice, I'm hoping to build a 454 this winter, got a giant post about it in the BBC forum here. Forged bottom end, oval port heads, nitrous, more crap planned.

Wow, didn't expect 5 mpg, that baby was making some noise on the highway too, wasn't it!

I gotta ask, though, why not pick up a Geo, Civic, etc, for the DD? Old school muscle is way rarer and "cooler" than LS1 power...in most people's eyes, anyway. You'd save on insurance with the beater being the primary, and the Chevelle the "leisure" vehicle, as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 AM
10 Second Club

heh have fun racin in chi town for awhile
Old 07-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Staging Lane

yeah the civic thing probally would have been smarter but at 6' 3" the civic is a little tight as is the LS1 but not as much as a Civic

Yeah I regret not taking the Chevelle to the Track but I'll live.

The main thing I miss is brute force and the head turning appeal of that car.